Print your new card?! April fool's early this year?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by SamuraiFutaba, Mar 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SamuraiFutaba

SamuraiFutaba New Member

Status Points:
    I got my new United card in the mail... whoo-hoo, no useful for nothing, and my wife's doesn't arrive. So we call customer service, and, it turns out, she doesn't get silver status. (She will after some miles are credited, but haven't been up to now. Different story.)

So we ask, "where's the new card"?

The response comes back that United isn't sending out cards to non-elite members anymore, but that my wife can print a card off of the United website. We look at this like it's some kind of joke, I mean Jeebus, even Chuck E. Cheese around the corner will send you one with your name on it.

Anyway, we go on line to print the card and... voila, the service has been disactivated pending upgrades to the United system. Whoever came up with the "new" FF program should be fired, along with anyone who approved anything remotely to do with it.

Yes, I do have other travel options, and, yes, I will use them. Go get stuffed United… I’m now shopping on price and dumping you at the back of the pack.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  2. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    At least on the CO side, with regard to physical cards, it's been that way for at least 5 years.

It makes no sense that you can't print them off the website. Equally puzzling is why upgrade lists are not viewable on the flight status section of the 'full' United.com site (I realize they work on the mobile/app side).

3. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's the benefit of carrying a non-elite card with you? I rarely even carry my elite card.

4. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you don't fly often and don't remember y:)ur membership number, having a card can be useful. Considering the fact that all of the old UA membership numbers have been changed and that many people have new numbers, I don't think it is unreasonable for them to produce cards for those who ask.

5. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    These days it's much easier to keep non-elite cards in an app on a smart phone.

Ygor and LizzyDragon84 like this.
  6. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use tripit for that.

DCA1K and snowpuff like this.
  7. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use AwardWallet.

alohastephen and desamo like this.
  8. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, still haven't got my 1K card after countless calls and e-mails.

Though I don't need it flying on UA, in a couple of weeks have flights on LX and then LH intra-europe. Have no idea if my "new" UA MP number will work with eirther airline, and it's not just about lounge access but rather extra bags (yes, wife coming along:D ).

I chaged my MP number on their web sites but tickets were purchased several months ago using my real UA number (well, it was real until this month). Just not sure if *G will show up on their system or BP now.

Sure would be kind of nice if UA could just mail me my freakin 1K card to the same address I had all the previous 1K cards and my sticker sent to :mad:

JLSocks likes this.
  9. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    You sent them to TOBB? :D

10. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sorry, you got me on a new one. I do not know what TOBB means?

11. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Other Bulletin Board, aka Flyertalk. I was trying to make a joke.

AZjohn likes this.
  12. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you and got it now :D