PrimeTime Shuttle LAX / Los Angeles area - to be avoided

Discussion in 'California' started by Seacarl, Aug 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a disappointing experience with PrimeTime Shuttle at LAX and won't use them again. Upon arriving the airport, I called and after a long time on hold gave them my reservation and wanted them to arrange the pickup (I only had carryon luggage and know it can take a while for a van.) Turns out they won't do that and won't schedule you for a van until you meet their dispatcher curbside - and then expect to wait 20-25 minutes for a van curbside. She told me it can take up to 30 minutes. The driver was courteous although we made 4 stops.

But it was the return that has made me resolve never to use them again - and I can't recommend them for anyone who doesn't have their schedule set in stone. I needed to change the date of my reservation. I called and was on hold for 15 minutes then transferred and holds three more times and then disconnected. I tried two more times and finally got someone who canceled it. then I got a call at the time of the canceled reservation asking for pickup. I was told I needed to speak to customer service about it.

It took 20 minutes to reach customer service, and the person I reached was totally unresponsive to my complaints about how hard I tried to reach them, and I didn't want a refund, just transportation to the airport on a different day - from a big downtown hotel (the Westin Bonaventure) where they must have vans departing all day long.

I feel Primetime is totally lacking in customer service and cannot recommend them.

2. primetimeshuttle

primetimeshuttle New Member

Status Points:
    Hey Seacarl,

Please email me your reservation number and I'd be happy to personally look into the situwation and do what needs to be done to handle this correctly. I'd also like to know who was making the mistakes on our end.

Thank you,

Bobby Gibson
    bobbyg@primetimeshuttle.com

3. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will email you the information.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. pyndasky

pyndasky Silver Member

Status Points:
    you're lucky that after waiting 30 minutes for the van, you didn't have to sit through 3 or 4 loops around the Airport before departing. I switched to Super Shuttle because of the AAA So Cal. discount..... In my opinion both are way overpriced!!! I live less than 7 miles from the airport and I have to pay more than riders going to Anaheim. I also pay more than passengers going to USC which is right down the street from my house....

5. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I should add that PrimeTime did rectify the situation.

There aren't a lot of good options in LA if you don't rent a car. Public transit is pretty limited and slow. So taxi and shuttles are the other options, but LA is very spread out. Rates to Anaheim are low because there is so much traffic there.

There are the Flyaway buses if their terminals happen to be near your destinations, and there are transit buses to Santa Monica (BigBlueBus) and CulverCity/Westwood, but you first have to schlep to the bus center.