Priceline

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by jpruzins, Apr 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

Status Points:
    This was the first time I hooked a hotel through priceline. The site said I would be able to accept/decline the deal. However, when it went through the process, it just accepted the deal! Now I'm at a hotel at a rate that's not even that good and I didn't want to even book. Is there any way around the name your own price? I called Customer Service and all they did was reread terms of a contract. And then the rep pretended to hang up on me and instead just creepily stayed on the line. HELP! How do I get out of this?

2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might be confusing Hotwire with Priceline. With Hotwire they'll provide you pricing information up front and you can select a hotel based on zone, price and rating and provide your credit card at that point. With Priceline they have your credit card once you submit a bid and you're locked in if they meet your price. The Priceline bidding site, compared to the Priceline site that deals with named hotels and is like any the hotel booking site, is pretty clear that if they meet the price you bid and star rating/zone your credit card will be charged.

ranman1973 likes this.
  3. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow. I totally misunderstood.

ranman1973 likes this.
  4. ranman1973

ranman1973 Silver Member

Status Points:
    kenbo likes this.