Priceline Rewards Visa

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by jazzmanfl, Mar 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jazzmanfl

jazzmanfl Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking about applying for a Priceline Rewards Visa. The 2% cash back across the board seems pretty awesome. Just curious to hear if anyone has any perspective on this particular card? I don't read all that much about it here or on the blogs, and I'm just wondering if there's anything I should know before proceeding?

flyingdawg and miles and smiles like this.
  2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP jazzmanfl ! I'd love to hear some feedback as well.

miles and smiles likes this.
  3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had this card for about a year, and I am very happy with it. It is very easy to get the cash back. It is just as it says - 2% cash back everywhere. And you get $50 cash back after your first use.
    There are only two small details you need to know about getting cash back. You need to accumulate at least 2500 points (equal to $25.00) before you can get cash back, and you get your cash back by crediting it against a particular previous purchase. so, you need to make sure you have some $25 + purchases.

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    So no bonus for Priceline spend?

5. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If that's your main focus, well, ok, I've certainly seen much worse cards!

You're probably asking a biased crowed by bringing your question here though. Most people here are interested in cards with large sign-up bonuses and/or cards which confer some sort of status. I think the Priceline Visa has a mediocre sign-up bonus at best and doesn't do much else along the lines of granting status.

It IS pretty generous with cash back and, heck, nothing wrong with that. I'd rather get things like airline miles or hotel status which have value too, but it all depends where your priorities are.

flyingdawg likes this.
  6. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    By the way, thanks for my 1,500 like miles and smiles :)

7. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you get 5% cash back on Name Your Own Price purchases. I've never done one of those, but many folks have reported success using it that way.

flyingdawg likes this.
  8. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
  9. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I forgot to mention another big plus with this card. Your points post in 2 to 3 days after your purchase, and if you have 2500 points you don't have to wait until your statement posts to cash in. You can cash in immediately. I've had months with larger spends in which I've cashed in twice. This is a big contrast to the AMEX Blue Cash which makes you wait until a month after your statement, which could be up to 2 months after your purchase.

10. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately the terms for new applications on this card have changed. You will receive only 1% cash back. Those of us who have had the card are still receiving 2%

11. Fishing4Deals

Fishing4Deals Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, I think the current offer is 5x points on Priceline purchases and 1x points on other purchases. Too bad, because I purchase almost all my hotels on Priceline, and 2x points on everything would be awesome.