Priceline Can Still Trump Discounts And Elite Status With Big Savings – Sometimes

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 27, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Since I have maintained some form of elite status with hotels and car rental companies for several years, I find that I never use sites like Hotwire or Priceline for those reservations any more. But, there are sometimes that using Priceline can still trump your discounts and elite status with hotel and car reservations. Reasons To NOT Book With Priceline For Hotels And Cars Elite Status/Upgrades Since hotel nights and car rentals booked through oblique sites like those do not count for elite status or upgrades (most of the time), it is often worth the few dollars more per reservation to just book with the hotel/car rental location. Flexibility Not only that but I enjoy the freedom and flexibility that I have when booking car rentals with no-worry cancellations. Since you do not provide your credit card for booking rental cars (unless it is for pre-pay), you do not have to worry about forgetting to cancel a car and then getting charged for it (though it is always the courteous... The post Priceline Can Still Trump Discounts And Elite Status With Big Savings – Sometimes appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...