Preventive Procedures for Aviation Industry

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by MildSoft05, Jul 20, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. MildSoft05

MildSoft05 Member

Status Points:
    I just heard from a nephew that it is not possible to have a safe aircraft without any possible quality assurance. I think, he is correct that it needs comfort and safety. These are crucial in aviation industry. It would really need a certain standard to maintain an effective quality management. But, don't you think that aviation also needs a risk management to determine the problems that might occur? I'm a traveler and I'm curious about a solution that could initiate these preventive procedures. What is it all about? How does Aviation benefit from those things?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    My guess is that each aviation company and as well the authority for such (the FAA here in the States) has some sort of risk management policy or position. The reason question lies with the Boeings and the Airbuses since that is where quality assurance starts and given the sheer number of engineers associated with these types of projects and the testing necessary for certification, I'm comfortable it is in place. But hopefully we're not confusing "fear of flying" with quality assurance. Major authorities such as European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) participate in certification of aircraft along with other governmental authorities in various countries so if there were any problems surely some flags would be raised along the path toward certification?

As well, i see this as similar to the automotive industry as there are safety groups and governmental authorities to ensure the public safety.

That's my thoughts though apologies if I have read your concern wrong.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is, indeed, impossible to know with 100% certainty that nothing on a plane will break during your flight. But that's the same with pretty much everything else in life and there are far more redundancies and safety systems involved in aviation than in other things. The suggestion that there are not risk management systems already in place is simply wrong. You're far more likely to be harmed getting to or from the airport than you are once on the plane.

So relax and enjoy the trip.

4. MildSoft05

MildSoft05 Member

Status Points:
    Yeah he just started working in an aviation company and the first task (test XD) that they gave him was to look for a risk management software. I told him that I only know about ETQ. Do you guys know of any other good companies with RMS ?