President's Circle again?!? But...I haven't rented from Hertz since...

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by jbcarioca, Apr 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    This arrived in my inbox today. I was PC for years before discovering National (courtesy Milepoint) and before Sixt began in the US, thus retained my devoted loyalty wherever they operate. I really don't understand this since I've only rented from Hertz a couple of times during the last year or so.

Does anybody have insight?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Enjoy your President’s Circle® status.

Congratulations on earning Hertz Gold Plus Rewards®President’s Circle® status! This elite level of exclusive benefits is awarded especially to valued members like you.

In recognition of your elite status, valid through March 31, 2014, you'll receive confirmed one-car-class upgrades and confirmed availability whenever you need a car, plus all Hertz Gold Plus Rewards benefits such as Gold Choice¹, Mobile Gold Alerts², eReceipts and the opportunity to earn greater Gold Plus Rewards Bonus Points³.

Visit www.hertz.com to make your next President's Circle reservation.
    You can also call 1-800-CAR-GOLD (1-800-227-4653). All you need to enjoy your exclusive benefits is your Hertz member number or your current membership card.†

Thanks for making Hertz your first choice for car rentals worldwide. We look forward to serving you again soon!

P.S. To retain President's Circle status, annual re-qualification is required. Click here for program terms and conditions. Your new member card will be mailed to you shortly.
    [​IMG]

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same thing here with 5 star. No Hertz rentals last year, yet 5 star was renewed.

3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suppose we should just be happy, in the event that they come up with some decent deals. Those 'drive you to the airport in your own car' arrangements are my most pleasurable Hertz memories. OTOH, Sixt has had the habit of allowing me to drive to my own gate, where the Sixt representative is waiting for me with a luggage cart. That's even better, but they do it only in Europe and Asia AFAIK

marcwint55, harvson3 and sobore like this.
  4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep. It's not bad having status in all three major renters. Keeping my eyes open for some sweet discount codes. :cool:

marcwint55, mht_flyer and jbcarioca like this.
  5. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here's my only insight, JB. Loyalty programs are designed to win future business, not necessarily to reward recent business. Are you now more likely to rent from Hertz?

marcwint55 and jbcarioca like this.
  6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd say less unlikely. Not a chance they'll get the >60 annual rentals they used to from me. They have the data to infer that from, among other things, my age. As a frequent consultant on such matters, I'd not dream of giving me PC. Five Star, certainly, but PC never!

marcwint55 likes this.
  7. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I rented 7 times with Hertz last year and gold 5-Star renewed.

It's not that I hate Hertz, I just like the cars and car selections way better at National... :)

sobore, marcwint55 and jbcarioca like this.
  8. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

I received the same e-mail

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Me too. Only had 14 rentals with Hertz last year

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    My 5* was renewed, too, despite not meeting the published criteria.

By comparison...

Avis just earlier this week "welcomed" me to Avis First. No word of explanation that they downgraded me from Presidents Club that I had had for less than a year thanks to the United Club VISA card. And I don't recall getting any notification from Chase either (I did, of course, read it here, so it wasn't a shock to me).

Incidentally, my last rental as a Presidents Club member was a seinfeld-ish experience ("so you know how to take reservations, but you don't know how to hold the reservation") -- instead of the Camry I had booked I ended up with a small Nissan Tiida hatchback.

11. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    So, this seems to be a new program. Will you respond as they obviously want you to?
    As usually, MPers give me exactly the information wanted to know! Thanks, guys.:)

marcwint55 likes this.
  12. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    No insight at all except that you seem to be one heck of a lucky dude, JBC. This apparent Hertz largesse comes right on the heels of your puzzling over why you were awarded what appeared like a Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond status, since you had not stayed at Hilton properties enough to qualify for anything.:)

What's your secret...really.;)

13. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I knew I'd tell you happily. I am happily perplexed. At least I know I have earned the other statii I have.

NYCUA1K and marcwint55 like this.
  14. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

It seems that Avis is determined to downgrade you, be it car or status.

jbcarioca likes this.
  15. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will use that when it comes to negotiating the Club Card renewal in a month or so.

16. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Avis downgraded me to Avis Preferred last year. I appealed to two executives and did not even receive a reply.

I took the hint and now I'm a reasonably happy Five Star with Hertz. I haven't looked back.

marcwint55, sobore and jbcarioca like this.