President / Chairman

Discussion in 'Avis | First/Preferred' started by benolaa, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Avis Presidents Club - Invite status via Centurion, Continental Presidential Plus Card and via corporate contract. Guaranteed car availability and 2 class upgrade although you can request whatever you want and YMMV.
    Avis Chairman - Invite top status - given to corporate contracts and netjets members.
    Same as President plus terminal pickup/drop off and you pretty much get any car on the lot.

I have Avis Presidents Club and find it to work very well. Any Chairman members who can comment?

2. auh2o
    Original Member

auh2o Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was an Avis Presidents Club member for a number of years and am now a Charmain. Basically, I feel the same way I do about United 1K vs Global Services. 1K used to be what UGS is today just as Chairman's is what Presidents Club used to be. Biggest benefit is Valet Service back to the airport which they used to do for Presidents but no loner do.

stimpy, sobore and gleff like this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Avis First
    Qualifications: 12 "qualifying" rentals or 35 "qualifying" rental days in a calendar year
    Benefits:1 class upgrade, free weekend coupon with every 4 "qualifying" rentals, skip the counter at larger airports & go to the Preferred Counter or to your vehicle if they have a display board.

President's Club
    Qualifications:"Invitation" from the Continental Presidential Plus or Amex Centurion card or other similar methods. Some larger corporate contracts may come with memberships. Can not qualify through # of rentals.
    Benefits: 2 car class upgrade (if available), car available even without a reservation, skip the counter at larger airports & go to the Preferred Counter or to your vehicle if they have a display board.

Chairman's Club
    Qualifications: Some corporate contracts come with a few memberships, membership in certain programs such as Netjets. Can not qualify through # of rentals.
    Benefits: Best available car on the lot when you reserve a mid-size, Valet service at large airports (employee will take you to the terminal in the rental car so you don't have to take the bus), cars available without a reservation, fuel at standard ‘on the street’ price’ if you don't return the car full, car delivery within 25 miles of any Avis location, occasional free offering of a GPS, bottled water, waived late fees, may bring in special request cars, overlooked damage, etc). Car put right by the front door. Manager will usually greet you, help with luggage.

gleff, DonV.Smith and bthobe like this.
  4. under benefits for AF you need to explain that if you pick airline miles then you will not get a qualifying rental for a free weekend day

5. As a presidents club member I've found that the US is very good at regonizing status and Canada/Europe not so much. The Avis reps at YUL are almost clueless, they quoted "I don't see a prime ministers or president club status anywhere with Avis". Subtle education may be in order.

6. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get returned to the airport at LAX as Presidents Club, whenever I bother to ask. Or they will take me to a nearby hotel if needed.

miles and smiles and Gargoyle like this.
  7. As a President's Club member, the LAX station has been very nice to me, taking me to a local airport hotel or even dropping me off at LAX.

Dan

DonV.Smith likes this.
  8. I am also impressed with AVIS @ IAH, I have never been given anything less than a Lincoln or Cadilac and last time I wanted to try the new Explorer and they were more than happy to find one for me, even going as far as finding one with leather and few extras.

Dan

DonV.Smith likes this.
  9. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    These are upgrades? What level member are you?

10. Presidents Club (via the PPlus MC)

Dan

11. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Christian Martinez Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a Hertz Plat, I am wondering how it compares to Avis PC/Chairman and which would be better. the one particular benefit I like is the special request car. What exactly does this entail? I read it as in " I would like a Nissan 370Z Roadster for my rental in 2 weeks. Can you have it ready for me?" Or am I way off?

12. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, you can't command an upgrade with Avis in advance. But you can request any available car on the lot once you are there. IME

Gargoyle likes this.
  13. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Well you cannot command an upgrade in advance. But on those rare occasions where i actually care specifically what I get (other than not having a Town Car - hah), I've had perfectly good success ringing up the location the day before and asking for what I want. Then that's what they assign to me. E.g. I need a large SUV, could you make sure to assign me a Cadillac, could you have something nice, my requests haven't been "could you give me a corvette convertible" or anything like that even when I know the location has them, perhaps I should be more aggressive in my requests? :)

stimpy likes this.
  14. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Status Points:
    ahhh ok. Seems pretty generous. :)

15. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    I won't be commanding for any infiniti's I wasn't too pleased with the ride or the drive last week on my upgrade at MIA.

Car looked sharp, all leather and the works, but it doesn't drive as well as a BMW :)

16. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Presidents Club in Europe really does nothing very much- a better choice in Europe anyway is Sixt. USA yes the program is better than the Hertz (except the top hertz level- which I cannot remember the name of and have never been however apparently treats customers extremely well).

17. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Blasphemy!! Many a BMW 335i I have undressed with the G37 Sedan...the cars are so even it comes down to the driver...and more often then not...their car is too much for'em.

18. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That would be Hertz Platinum.

19. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Christian! I thought somehow it had 5 star and VIP in its name- but I could be mistaken.

The Sixt program is Diamond, and is very worthwhile if you need to rent cars frequently in the EU.

20. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I rent maybe 8 times a year in Europe with Avis Presidents club. While the terms and conditions do not guarantee you great upgrades, IME I do get great upgrades and service at most locations.

21. sjefenole

sjefenole Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi, I'm likely to be going into a lot of rentals for work and my choices will be Avis, Enterprise and Budget. Is it a good idea to get a card like the PPlus MC? Can my wife get the card and enroll me as the President club with Avis? I have no use for the lounge access.

stimpy likes this.
  22. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    If the card gives you Avis Presidents Club, then it is absolutely worth it. First of all for the upgrades, but mostly it comes in handy when things go wrong. Like an accident. I've been involved in several accidents in Avis cars over the years, and I've never had to pay a dime, nor worry, thanks both to Avis and Amex. I just call Avis and tell them to come pick up their broken car and bring me another.

23. P.S.

P.S. Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have excellent treatment in the U.S. with PC. Europe, it varies. I have had zero recognition in some locations (TLV -- ah, but wait, that is geographically in Asia) and superb recognition in others. I remember on Santorini I showed up, looked at their small lot, and asked for that only Smart convertible they had. "Sorry, sir, it's reserved for another customer. But wait... their reservation is not for another 2 hours. We'll give this one to you and meanwhile go get another one from the off-site garage."