Prepare to get slammed....

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Sep 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Over at FT, the MQM presentations on DL.COM are the clearest indication of what's about to happen.

Clearly a system test. Presaging EOS. They've already loaded and tabulated the massively-reduced MQM/fare class correspondence.

Book SM tix now.

It'll be more than [​IMG] best in class [​IMG]

It'll be a new universe.

Can we have a DL apologist speak up, now, please? :)

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    A DL rep did respond there and said it was an IT error (my words).

mht_flyer likes this.
  3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully that is the case, I don't fly DL. But we all know how things trickle down to other airlines when one airline makes a change such as this....

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Technically and instrumentally, she may be right. It was an "error" to allow the lookup table to be connected to the front end DL.COM portal at this time. Someone's getting their butt spanked over at VA for this as we write.

MESSAGE TO DL CORP: Hey Jeff, lay off the employee - it doesn't matter. S/he doesn't give us stuff we could not have imagined or didn't suspect.

However, the existence of this lookup table cannot be in doubt. Some claim it's for unpublished fares. It may indeed correspond to those.

But why go to the trouble of creating these new earning tables and feeding the complex and antiquated DL IT architecture with this information? Why connect this table to the live purchase interface, allowing dynamic tabulation

People haven't addressed the obvious, yet.

If the fares to which the previous enhancement applies are all supposed to be "unpublished" and this is and will be the only domain of relevance (as DL tries to convey by their verbiage)..... then WHY IS THIS TABLE BEING CONNECTED TO THE DL.COM FRONT END AT ALL? EVEN "EXPERIMENTALLY"?

No. The data doesn't fit. We can all see. It means the IT pipeline is being laid as we write.

Previous signals of DL intentionality support the reading that:

1. This is consistent with devaluations that are widely expected as part of EOS. Occam's razor. How many "glitches" must occur, all pointing in the same direction, before intelligent people say, hmmm so that's what they are doing.

2. Such devaluations can, have in the past, and will be, visited on DL SMM without notice. The T&C say, and by Jeff, they will flog the T&C.

And...DLphiles, hey, I must be a prophet! :p I've been in no doubt of this path since PHL-FCO for 635k, not all of which was in J.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...rld-record-even-dl-sm-best-class-alright.html

I take it back, Jeff was - and is - very serious.