Prepaids and Credit Cards

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by michael21, Feb 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know which prepaid can be loaded with a credit card?

Kalboz likes this.
  2. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Wells Fargo Prepaid card can. I was not really impressed with the card and then I found a CVS that will take credit cards for VRs so I have not been using the Wells Fargo card.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which is the better CC to use at CVS for VR.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I personally having been working on minimum spend from my last CC churn. After I am done I will probably use the Club Carlson CC for a while since need about 25,000 points more for a 5 night stay next year in Germany. My other choice would be the Chase SP card as I am trying to get UR points for a business ticket to Asia. I only use VR to pay my mortgage. I do not have the cash flow to manufacture spending much beyond that.

Kalboz likes this.
  5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. Hattie105

Hattie105 Member

Status Points:
    I have a Discover Card and a Silver Marriott Rewards. I prepaid for the hotel where I will stay in New York and no changes could be made. I reserved a room for my sister and her husband in my name, and they have a golden elite card, but can't earn the reward of a free night since the registration is in my name.

7. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think at the end of the day it's up the the individual person. Everyone values certain points/miles at a different amount. I mostly use the SPG card to purchase my VRs... however now that we have a fairly large spend requirement after our latest app-o-rama I am "spreading the love" to other cards. Once I am done with hitting the spends I'll go back to the SPG and probably also Club Carlson as similar to LAM we have an upcoming Europe trip I'd like to use the points for.

**All of this of course is subject to change based on bonuses like the quarterly Freedom card, 15K US airways bonuses, etc.