Premium Membership - United MileagePlus Bonus Miles

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sicemdawgs, Sep 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sicemdawgs

sicemdawgs Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope someone can help me with this. I signed up for the Milepoint Premium Membership. One of the benefits that many are aware of is the UA Premium Membership. Well, somehow I did not set it up correctly on the UA website and it is just showing my MileagePlus status as a regular member. How can I go back and re-do it to upgrade to Premium Membership (or am I screwed)? Thanks all.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think there's some confusion here. You purchased a MilePoint Premium Membership, which gives you (eventually, when they post) 2000 redeemable miles in your United Mileage Plus account. There is no change in your elite status for United. So no UA Premium Membership.

meFIRST, aptraveler and sicemdawgs like this.
  3. sicemdawgs

sicemdawgs Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gotcha. I was a little confused obviously. :confused: I do appreciate you helping me with this.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't opt-in for Expert Mode when they roll it out. ;)

I'm just playing with you and taking a stab at UA in the process. I found some of the Premium Membership at Milepoint confusing, too. Mainly because I haven't taken the time to read through all the details thoroughly. I have enjoyed the AwardWallet membership, and I'm pretty sure I'll stay with them. It's nice to see all my available points, miles and trips in one place. Hard to believe that AA and Delta have disallowed them to post my info there. Somebody at those airlines doesn't get it.

5. sicemdawgs

sicemdawgs Silver Member

Status Points:
    No kidding Ken. :D I was reading the Expert Mode thread today. I agree with AwardWallet and how Delta and AA made them stop. Anything to put a wrench into consumer convenience.:mad:

6. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although there was no UA status to be had,
    I'm very happy with my newfound mid-level Hyatt status!

7. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    My 2,000 MileagePlus/Milepoint miles posted Wednesday. 2,:):):)!

desamo and Flyer1976 like this.
  8. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Waiting for mine.. just asked them for a challenge.. switching from DL to UA :) Flying enough miles by the end of the year and here we go! :)

9. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think we are all waiting on this year's MP miles to post. Notice the dates on this. You'll see that this was a thread from last year's Milepoint Premium Membership deal. We got 2,000 miles last year. 1,000 miles this year, but several other added benefits, plus many, if not most of us really do it to support our preferred frequent traveler forum, Milepoint.

10. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am really new to this forum (and also I am not used to use forums that much) but I am really enjoying everything here.. I'll probably keep supporting. The benefits look nice and the best thing is that can support a forum as well as help to keep it growing and helping young travelers like me!

11. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your 2,000 miles after 2/14 will be worth 1400 miles, in today's dollars,just like interest on your savings account.

Had to rub it in,