Premium Membership [P2/2013]

Discussion in 'Premium Membership' started by Randy Petersen, Jul 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Always appreciate the questions. Answer: We're not sure at this moment. We have a base program prepared, but given we're still in active dialogue with additional partners, we'll likely hold off any launch until those discussions are completed as it makes it confusing for members and a challenge for us to introduce benefits after a launch. I'm still hoping that by end-of-August we'll have something available.

UPDATE: We split the previous single topic Premium Membership thread into two hopefully manageable threads, this one primarily related to the P2 program released in October 2013. For conversations regarding P1, the Premium Membership released in July-September 2012, please see this THREAD. Thank you for your interest and support.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    dschieber, adl73x, delff128 and 6 others like this.
  2. JosephMay

JosephMay Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me too!!!!!

mowogo and jbcarioca like this.
  3. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lol. Saw an ad at the top of the page and thought that's odd. Then realized I am not a premium member. I too will be waiting for the annual.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    kettle

jbcarioca and TravelBear like this.
  5. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ouch!!

jbcarioca, Espan and boondr like this.
  6. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the same situation (and same renewal date!)

jbcarioca, Espan and boondr like this.
  7. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me 3

jbcarioca and Espan like this.
  8. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    August 7 for me...

Travelsavant and jbcarioca like this.
  9. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sad I am no longer premium, but I am pleased to still be thought of, however oddly, as Original. I shall wait patiently. The National and Hyatt deals did change my behavior during the last year, so I'll be interested to find out what will be next. The Founders always do keep things interesting and fun around here, so the least we all can do us help them as much as we can.

desamo, Travelsavant, Tenmoc and 5 others like this.
  10. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not really interested in month-to-month; I’ll wait for the next annual opportunity.

Travelsavant, Tenmoc, boondr and 2 others like this.
  11. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Month to month seems quite odd actually since most (all?) of us who want to buy premium are fairly devoted MPers anyway.

12. Paolo Scuri

Paolo Scuri Silver Member

Status Points:
    Me too

Travelsavant and jbcarioca like this.
  13. tornadoflyer

tornadoflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Randy.....will be ready to rejoin just as soon as......

Travelsavant, AZguy and jbcarioca like this.
  14. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I went month to month just to get rid of the ads. Still looking forward to an annual option with some better perks. I'm hooked, so I'm sure I'll pay up as soon as it's offered.

15. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Randy

While negotiations are ongoing consider extending all expiring memberships with the caveat that if renewed the renewal term will relate back to the original expiration date.

16. CHK

CHK Active Member

Status Points:
    Have read a lot about the previous Milepoint Premium Membership. Seems like an excellent package and am looking forward to learning about the upcoming annual package like many others, and this package is a great way to contribute to Milepoint charity of choice. Forum with a heart...

jbcarioca and Travelsavant like this.
  17. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or just let us buy an annual membership right now and give us whatever perks we are due once you figure out what they are. Personally the perks are just a bonus.

18. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    You meet the time requirement, go join a lounge for a week, post whatever you want, pick up 1000 likes and you'll be gold (likely wouldn't be that hard even) which blocks the ads anyway.

jbcarioca, Travelsavant and iolaire like this.
  19. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    This is likely not something we'd consider for the following reasons. 95% of the benefits of Premium Membership are supplied via partnerships with others. I don't think it would be a good move to assume that our other partners would all extend the benefits that we have negotiated with them—we explained the program and the time that their benefits would be in place when we first made the overture to them to participate. Some will be returning, some not. Another reason we likely would not consider that is we worry that members will assume that the program is an automatic from year to year. There may be times when we are unable to formulate a program we think has great value and thus may not offer anything. We are giving these programs our best shot but as i pointed out to start with, most of the benefits are with other partners.

Hope this makes sense and rather than spend time with partners to provide a gap period of a few weeks to a month, we are putting that effort into the next program to come out.

zphelj, SuperKirby, alfagirl and 14 others like this.
  20. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Randy! Makes sense & appreciate your efforts. I enjoyed & made use of almost all the benefits last year (some were duplicate for me) & look forward to see what you have cooked up for us this year!

SuperKirby, boondr, viguera and 5 others like this.
  21. free101girl
    Original Member

free101girl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be going month-to-month when my membership expires in a couple of days. I'm glad to do it whether there are any benefits or not, because I feel that the monthly fee is miniscule in comparison with the benefits I receive from this site.

22. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Randy,

Quick question with the previous rollout having limited sign-up availability/numbers, is there going to be a mechanism for previous Premium members to get "first dibs" or it going to be a first come, first served method like the last one?

jbcarioca likes this.
  23. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think he's said a few weeks ago, I believe, that active members would be given priority. Guess I just got a tad more 'active' by posting this reminder of that, haha.

24. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think 'active' means those who have had MP premium membership (as opposed to those who did not participate in the offering(s) last year).

KenInEscazu, jbcarioca and edekba like this.
  25. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Likely a bit of both. :)

Ideally, if deals are limited we'd like to see people who subscribed in the past and have helped build out little community the opportunity to take advantage.

We debated making the monthly option the default for all people who bought the annual version last time if we didn't have another annual offer ready in time. But we didn't feel like we did a good enough job communicating the structure and didn't want anyone to feel like they got charged for something they didn't agree to.