Premier Golds can only get +1 in E+ now?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by miketown, Jun 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. miketown
    Original Member

miketown Silver Member

Status Points:
    When did this change happen? (I searched, trust me :cool:) I had my entire family of 3 in E+ in April, but went to book a ticket tonight and was informed I'd have to pay for 1 of 3 in E+.

*exhale*

...One step closer to moving 100% to AS...

Counsellor likes this.
  2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was only 1 companion for Premier Executive, and as far as I can recall the policy has been 1 for premier gold - perhaps something was broken or you got a nice agent?

8MiHi likes this.
  4. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    This has been the rule since the merger of OnePass (PMCO's program) into MP in 2012. As a MM/Platinum at CO in 2011 dropping to Gold in 2012 I was very interested in what was coming for me. CO did not have E+ but did have Elite seating. The +1 aspect does make careful planning necessary when travelling with family.

5. miketown
    Original Member

miketown Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know, I saw that and was all like...
    [​IMG]

Well, I was able to confirm the 3 in E+ online for our trip in April.

[​IMG]

thanks for the replies.

6. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are a lot of reasons to consider other airlines, but honestly, if the final straw is not being able to book two companions into E+ for free, why would you run to an airline where E+ isn't even an option (other than the exit row seats)? I'd rather have two of three passengers sit for free in E+ and pay for the extra than everyone sitting in knee-crunching regular Y on a different airline. At least UA gives you the option for more leg room.

And, years ago, when I was a Premier Executive on UA (equivalent to Gold today), I was only allowed one free companion with me in E+.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  7. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm shocked, shocked to hear that the UA website might've allowed something that didn't quite follow the published policies ;)

8. mre5765

mre5765 Silver Member

Status Points:
    E
    Even PMUA allowed only one companion for a premier exec in E+, although in those days the companion did not have to be on the same Conf number. By any chance was the April booking with award miles out of your account?

8MiHi likes this.
  9. miketown
    Original Member

miketown Silver Member

Status Points:
    Totally valid point and response. I'm under 20k miles from hitting MM, so the Premier Gold status for me & my wife would make this moot anyways (or did they take that away too?).

Nope.