Premier 1K Instant Upgrade Fare - not showing up on M

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ClarkyBoy, Jun 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    All,

As I'm searching for an SFO-EWR flight, they all show on M but only some show with the "Premier 1K Instant Upgrade Fare"

I do see they have available first class seats....

Any thoughts on what is different?

Thanks!

2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    M-up for Plat and 1K comes out of the PN bucket for CPU-eligible flights. Just because there are M fares available doesn't mean there are seats in the PN bucket with which to upgrade.

3. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    PN - Got it. Now i know where to look ;)
    Thanks Mackieman

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also - that note about "Premier 1K Upgrade Eligible" with the yellow mark *only* appears next to flights that currently have PN class available. This basically tells you that if you select the flight you will get the upgrade assuming PN is still available after your itinerary tickets.

Flights listed as "M" class but without the notation means PN isn't available. As a 1K you would still be eligible for an immediate upgrade if PN opens...but you likely will have to do this manually after noticing PN class opens. I don't believe this happens automatically if you ticket an itinerary and PN=0. I could be wrong as I've never been in this specific situation.

-RM

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Correct.

The best thing to do in such a situation is set up an alert (either EF on the PN bucket or mine for the P bucket as PN tracks to that) and when notified you can process the upgrade on your reservation either by calling or online.

Gtitan likes this.
  7. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a CO Plat (pre-3/3), I found that you also have to do it manually if you book an upgrade-eligible M fare through a travel agency. I would assume this is still the case.

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it is. The Y/B/M-Ups do not process automatically until the CPU window rolls around.