Preferred seats

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Shooie, Dec 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. On two different flights from DFW to San Jose, Costa Rica, we had confirmed seats in economy at the bulkhead exit row. On both times we were moved back to other economy seats. The second time I even checked on line to see if we still had those seats before we went to the airport, which we did. No one could give me an explanation other than it might have been a "change in equipment", which it wasn't. We're platinum flyers, but we were flying on frequent flyer tickets. Now I'm afraid to reserve those seats because I'm afraid they are selling them to people willing to pay for preferred seating. Has anybody else had this experience?

2. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had this happened before.. What did the gate agent say? I have had concierge key book me into bulkhead and then the agents at the airport changing my seat.. They can over rule your seat if a person needing that seat requires it.. I got lucky as they gave me a different bulkhead seat.. Did you contact AA after the fiasco?

QUOTE="Shooie"]On two different flightsfrom DFW to San Jose, Costa Rica, we had confirmed seats in economy at the bulkhead exit row. On both times we were moved back to other economy seats. The second time I even checked on line to see if we still had those seats before we went to the airport, which we did. No one could give me an explanation other than it might have been a "change in equipment", which it wasn't. We're platinum flyers, but we were flying on frequent flyer tickets. Now I'm afraid to reserve those seats because I'm afraid they are selling them to people willing to pay for preferred seating. Has anybody else had this experience?[/QUOTE]

3. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm I usually like to check in at the airport if I'm flying internationally, especially with luggage, but this might be a good reason to check in at home and print your boarding pass already showing your seats...

4. I believe that a phone call to AA Customer Services is in order. Don't expect much but they may give you a few thousand miles as a goodwill gesture.

5. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA has traditionally held bulkhead seats for disabled fliers or for families with small children who are unable to secure seats together. Now, they are selling those seats. How will they accommodate the two situations above? We may have just found out.