Preferred Seats On AS Code Share - No AS PNR on DL Ticket

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by ballardFlyer, Nov 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL.com can't let me pick exit rows or other preferred seats on AS codeshares. Since the AS PNR is not displayed anywhere on DL.com nor will AS.com let you look up a flight with non 027 ticketstock I as usual have to call DL SMS to get the AS PNR which is annoying.

What was odd is that when I called DL this time the agent said there was no AS PNR was included in my ticket. The agent thought was weird, but had no recourse so then I had to call AS and ask them to look me up.

Things are far from Deltamatic which is frustrating. Does anyone have better AS codeshare management seat selection strategies on DL?

2. Erasmus
    Original Member

Erasmus Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've found DL to be hit-or-miss in their ability to get the AS PNR. OTOH, AS is 100% reliable if you call. The only downside is AS will not assign handicapped seats (e.g., one of the row 6 aisles) on the phone, so you still have to go on the website to select those once you have the PNR.

3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never had a problem getting the AS PNR from DL.

It's the way the process works. Doesn't seem that onerous to me. If you believe DL won't or doesn't have the PNR then just call AS in the first place and wait in queue with the rest of the general, non-MVP population to talk to their friendly agents who are happy to look up the code for you based on last name, flight date and flight number or city pair. Use the PNR on AlaskaAir.com and enjoy. Just don't expect the Delta.com itin to show any updated seat assignments on the AS segment.

-Rob