Pre-Purchase Gas

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by flyingdawg, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone who wishes to share thier experience with pre-purchasing gasoline please post here.
    The only website I'm aware of is mygallons.com, but I have not personally used it.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have never done that, but i have bought the AA AAirpass and I have signed up for a contractual minimum fuel buy that gave me a discount.

I think these things are good ideas. have you used mygallons.com?

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never used mygallons for a couple of reasons. First it seems a bit complicatied for me, but the real obstcale for me to overcome is all the extra fees they charge. Membership ($30), extra vechical ($10), per gallon ($.06), card insurance ($5), credit card fee ($2.95): I mean come on, just charge a higher membership fee and maybe a per gallon fee and be done with it.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    That really is irritating. Bulk buying services are useless when they tack on nonsense fees like that. I run one for a group of people who like my taste in wine. I charge for all the expenses. but they are few. In the mygallons case it seems they've eliminated the reason to do it in the first place.

flyingdawg likes this.