Pre-pre-party January 21

Discussion in 'OWMD (oneworld MegaDO)' started by Wandering Aramean, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sure, there's a pre-party for the event on January 22nd, the night before the real thing, but at least one person mentioned to me that they're going to be in town on the 21st and looking to go out so I figured I'd see if anyone else is interested. I know a few options that can try to contain us for a couple hours of drinking if folks are interested.

canucklehead, Sagy and Scottrick like this.
  2. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    Am in late Friday night, so could work for me too.

canucklehead likes this.
  3. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone in LAX after a pre-party on the 21st let me know. I'm staying at the Airport Hilton (a non-exciting venue that's close to a Carls Jnr and that's about it!). :)

4. Sagy

Sagy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll be getting to NY late Saturday afternoon, would love to get together for dinner or drinks

canucklehead likes this.
  5. ParanoiaTX
    Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hehe, I believe that would be me. :)

I get in 6:37p at LGA and need to get to the Upper East Side to drop off my stuff. I was aiming for something 8 or 9ish. Not looking for anything all-too fancy or coordinated. Maybe food (gets hard if group gets too big) and definitely drinking should be involved...

Sagy and canucklehead like this.
  6. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doesn't look like there is enough to plan anything.

7. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I’ll be in LA at a friend’s 50th birthday party, arriving back in time for the dinner. Sadly, won’t be able to join you. :(

8. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    My flight arrives about 8 PM and would love to join in depending on where drinks will be (Will be staying midtown/TS)

Jeff

canucklehead likes this.
  9. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, since I bailed on going to LA tomorrow.... There is some stuff I hope to get done, so might be a bit late.

canucklehead likes this.
  10. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm in LA now. Where was my welcome party (The TSA do *not* count!) ;)

storyteller, canucklehead and Sagy like this.
  11. Sagy

Sagy Gold Member

Status Points:
    On my way to LGA (chnage in plans due to weather) . Are there still plans to meet somewhere tonight? If not I'll just pre-catch up of my sleep for the MegaDO :)

12. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'm finally back in the USA and have cobbled together a plan. I'm going to dinner around 8-830 tonight at an Italian place in Chelsea (www.lezie.com). Yes, the same general type of food as tomorrow night but it is my favorite place in town and I haven't been in a while so that's what I'm doing. If folks want to join me please let me know ASAP as I'll get a table booked.

After that, probably around 10ish, I'll head a block south to Peter McManus. It is a not particularly sexy pub that usually has space and also has decent prices on a decent selection of beers and booze. That part doesn't really reuqire planning as finding space is generally easier. There are a couple other, nicer bars that I considered but, quite frankly, I don't feel like tramping all over town in the snow tonight; I. That the past week and it got old.

If you think you might come to either please reply here, email me (seth@millerworks.net) or call (+1.347.AWARDS1) so I can provide directions and offer updates if things change.

dmel likes this.
  13. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could be iinterested in dinner. Let me look at our schedule and I will reply.

Having a large, beautiful suite at the Grand Hyatt - I could easily host a party here with access to mixers, glasses, snacks, etc. If folks are interested let me know. Could then go down to Chelsea for dinner.

Put 2 of us down for dinner at 8-8:30. Looks like it is on 7th Ave between 20-21st - I will email. We will have drinks, snacks at the lounge 5-7:30 then head down. Anyone in midtown - wants to stop by then head down - PM me. May just walk down - not as cold as it looks.

14. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would love to come hang out but way too much last minute stuff do to. Will stay in Brooklyn tonight but be making it to Puglia tomorrow!

storyteller likes this.
  15. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always in for drinks. e-mail sent

Jeff

16. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will join for dinner. Not sure about after.

17. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    With all the food in the Lounge (roast beef, scallops, veggies, etc) I think we will have to pass on dinner. But let me know where you go afterwards.

18. ParanoiaTX
    Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sitting on my flight to LGA, but we're now running at least 15 mins late. I'll head straight down once I ditch my bags. Seth, I'll give you a call when I'm en-route.

19. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, now that would depend entirely on how ... warmly, shall we say ... they greeted you.

drewbles likes this.
  20. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    Undecided about tonight. Not many warm clothes. But if leZie is the place we went to last time, it was delicious. And the staff were most helpful in dismantling the booth when Firefly's camera fell down behind the couch.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  21. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you don't get enough for dinner - we could be up for a couple of beers then a slice of pizza late.

22. Sagy

Sagy Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1, might be too cold for me as well.

Enjoy dinner.

23. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, I did pick a place close to my apartment in part because of the cold. ;)

Se y'all tomorrow.

24. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hang on a minute! Didn't say I'm not going, just muttering to myself about indecision after seeing some white stuff on the ground that looks a lot like the pictures I've seen on Christmas cards!! Added to the mystery of it when I was a kid surrounded by scorched red earth all December and 110 degree days.

I may mosey on down for the Managers' drinks here at the Andaz in a while & consider my options.. And a cab would save me being too exposed to the elements..

Sagy likes this.
  25. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok, just spoke to Wandering Aramean & I will be there for dinner, after a sampling of what's available downstairs here first. IIRC they had some delicious savouries last time too.

Sagy likes this.