Pre Check lite at SGF

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by u600213, Oct 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. u600213
    Original Member

u600213 Silver Member

Status Points:
    SGF (Springfield Mo) now has Pre Check lite. If you have Pre-Check you can use the crew line. They give you a Blue laminated card to show at the metal detector. Liquids and laptops out but shoes and coats can stay on. The biggest time savings is the shorter ID check line. No signage (yet). One of the TSA guys I see all the time told me. I used it this AM.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    mht_flyer likes this.
  2. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I experienced this "light" approach myself at Bakersfield, CA regional airport. My (new) home airport is so small, it doesn't have a crew line, though, so no expedited experience for me. I must have picked the wrong time to get to my 6:00am flight, because I ended up in the line for 15 minutes...

The other irony is that the only PreCheck benefit I had for this trip was the shoes-on, except that somehow my damn shoes set off the detector, so they had to come off anyway! Oh well.

theBOAT

3. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depending on the shoes I'm wearing, most of the time they too set off the WTMD so I pre-emptively remove them only to have had a TSA dragon shout "you should plan better and wear different shoes!" Umm...okay lady...gee I NEVER thought of that...hmmm.