Pre- and post-MegaDO

Discussion in 'SMD8 (STAR MEGADO #8)' started by stravels, Aug 16, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. stravels

stravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Updated:
    Know some responded in master thread but thought it would be better to create a separate thread.

At Grand Hyatt Berlin Thursday night (made res for 2; anyone want breakfast on Friday?) then taking night train to Vienna Friday night. Have res @ PH Vienna for Sat & Mon, but if award or c & p doesnʻt open for Sun may stay elsewhere. Havenʻt had a chance to explore touring options/Vienna City Card but still planning to attend the Vienna Naschmarkt Saturday morning and the Vienna boy choir mass on Sunday (tickets needed). Iʻd like to combine sightseeing, eating, shopping, and music but am totally open to suggestions.

For Mallorca, planning late Saturday departure back to TXL. Would love company/suggestions.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Mrp Alert likes this.
  2. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I'll be arriving in Vienna on Sunday, 17th, so that gives a couple of extra days. Not sure about my sightseeing yet, but definitely some eating (Schnitzel) and drinking (found some hopefully good craftbeer places). Need to have a closer look at the Vienna City Card, I guess...

For Mallorca, I'll be staying until the 24th, but will not move from the beach in Canyamel... just some relaxing and beach.

3. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update - since the strike is cancelled for our dates, I plan to depart PMI as originally planned on Friday evening.

Any others on the LH flight to FRA?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  4. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm arriving in Venice on the 17th, taking the overnight train leaving on the 18th arriving in Vienna early in the morning on the 19th. Right now my flight is scheduled to depart PMI extra late on the 22nd. Fortunately I'm in paid J back to the states, so United should put me on priority for rebooking if things go sideways. Might even be able to engineer an airline switch for my longhaul flight due to it.

5. Travelingemptynester

Travelingemptynester Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone! I am arriving in Vienna on the 16th, staying at the PH Vienna until the 18th. I'll also be staying in Mallorca at the Hyatt until the 24th. Let me know if anyone wants to join me as I wander around ! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Clare

6. ben1979

ben1979 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else staying until Saturday the 23rd and would be interested in splitting a taxi or get a shuttle to the airport?

Cochiti likes this.
  7. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just thought it might be easier to organise a bit with a spreadsheet:
    Pre- and After-MegaDO 2017
    If you can think of more topics for columns, just add them.

cova likes this.
  8. ben1979

ben1979 Silver Member

Status Points:
    View only

9. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry. Fixed now!

Sent from my iPhone using InsideFlyer mobile app

10. P La Rue

P La Rue Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello, MegoDO'ers! I am flying out of PMI very early Sat, Sept 23 at 6:30 am. Would anyone like to share a taxi to airport at the very early time of 3:30 am? ben1979 I know you asked, but I wanted to clarify my terribly early flight.

11. stravels

stravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the business center at PH Vienna waiting for room. would love to join you. I wanted to go to the open market today. Checking to see how far

kiwi likes this.
  12. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Finally on my way to Vienna. Arrive Monday afternoon.

Mrp Alert and cova like this.
  13. skyhook
    Original Member

skyhook Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm extending my trip until the 3rd, when I fly out of LUX. That's 8 days after the Do! Currently thinking of staying a couple more days in Mallorca (since it's my 1st time visiting and we'll already be there), then visit BCN/Spain or Belgium (outside BRU), depending on weather, whim, & convenience of flights/trains to LUX.

Anyone else planning (or similar to me, not quite planning) travels after the official festivities?

14. Travelingemptynester

Status Points:
    I just saw your post!! Do you want get together today? I'm getting ready for breakfast now.

15. Mrp Alert

Mrp Alert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Me too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Travelingemptynester

Status Points:
    We are in the PH Vienna Lounge if anyone wants to join us

flospi likes this.
  17. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're still there by 7pm? Tall dark haired guy, goatee, orange hoody jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using InsideFlyer

18. David
    Original Member

David Silver Member

Status Points:
    landing in VIE at about 10am. Staying at the Moxy. Does anyone know what their policy (and crucially practice) is regarding early checkin?
    Have some emails to send, but other than that free from then on.

(Is anyone looking for accommodation in PMI on the Thursday night? - I've got a room that I was holding in a Canyamel hotel that is just behind the beach. About to release that room as I will be using a room at one of the Universal Hotels on the beach instead).