PQM Bonus

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by dc8fan, Sep 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dc8fan

dc8fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got this in the email. Assume it went out to all Premiers, 1Ks, etc?

To show our appreciation, we’re offering you bonus Premier qualifying miles.

We sincerely value your business as a Premier Gold member. We noticed you haven’t been flying with us as much lately, so we’re giving you this exclusive opportunity to earn bonus Premier qualifying miles toward your status for next year.

Earn 50% bonus PQM when you purchase United
    premium cabin or full-fare economy tickets.

Earn an additional 50% bonus PQM when you purchase United First®, United Global FirstSM, United Business®, BusinessFirst® or full-fare United Economy® tickets. Add that to the 50% bonus PQM you already earn when you purchase these classes of service and you have a 100% PQM bonus.

Earn 50% bonus PQM on select discounted United Economy fares.
    With this exclusive offer, you can earn a 50% PQM bonus when you travel on discounted United Economy tickets.

Register today and earn up to double PQM. Book and travel now through December 7, 2012.

2. Billiken
    Original Member

Billiken Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you been flying less OR flying about the same but less on UA?????

3. dc8fan

dc8fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    About the same, but have taken a few AA flights recently (more than last year). But unless SHARES is psychic, I don't know how they would know that. :)

4. Ygor
    Original Member

Ygor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got the same email. Premier Gold here, but have flown very little this year. Have been burning miles, and took some US flights :eek:

From the sign up page:

Terms and conditions

1. Offer valid for members originally targeted, including original recipients of the email invitation.
    2. To qualify for the offer, register on united.com, then purchase and complete paid qualifying trips anywhere United flies.
    3. Offer valid for tickets purchased between September 13, 2012 and December 7, 2012 for travel completed between September 13, 2012 and December 7, 2012.
    4. On paid qualifying flights members can earn 50% additional bonus PQM for tickets purchased in United Global First, United First, United BusinessFirst, United Business and full-fare United Economy (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y and B booking classes), and 50% bonus PQM for tickets purchased in discounted United Economy (M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, G, N and K booking classes).
    5. This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying segments, class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
    6. PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel.
    7. Offer is not valid on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers.
    8. Offer is not valid on government fares.
    9. Offer is not combinable and can be earned an unlimited number of times.
    10. Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account at the end of the promotion period, and by December 31, 2012.
    11. E-Ticket® purchase is required. Tickets purchased in the U.S. through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.
    12. Flight activity must be posted to the member’s account by December 15, 2012 in order to qualify for this promotion.
    13. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
    14. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. For complete details about the program, visit united.com/mileageplus.

5. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will you share your link? I know it was targeted, but I still want to try to sign up!

6. dc8fan

dc8fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  7. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got the same offer as well. I am flying less, and was looking at a drop from 1K to Platinum... Maybe not anymore.

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine isn't either. Apparently UA agrees with me that downgrade to Plat for next year is good enough :D

Haven't bothered to try any of the others I manage, as it won't matter. No emails for anyone so far.

9. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not qualified for the offer. I find this very disappointing.:(

10. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    I rec'd the offer. Gold this year after several years at plat/1k. But I already have bookings to get back to plat next year. And I've always only purchased the very cheapest ticket I could find as all of my travel is personal and on my own nickel.

11. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    How nice. I'm still loyal and still at Platinum until late October. So this means that people who have flown less and/or switched their loyalty will receive more PQMs per flight than I do. I can't write what I want to say, but here's a hint: ____ you, Smisek! What a slap in the face to those of us who have stuck this out. :mad:

12. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    PMCO would do this every now and then (especially in bad times) but they would make it available to all with only a specified period limiting it. It would be nice if they treated us all even-handedly.

13. radonc1951

radonc1951 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why in the world should they. Kettles are going to remain kettles, so they don't need any incentive to fly. And people like me who are already pumping money into the organization are going to reach the 1K level without additional assistance, so why target us?? It is those who have slipped in "attendance" who may need some additional incentive to reach their goal (and more importantly, pump more money into the company). It's all about business.

Would I like to get such an incentive. Sure. I could use some more upgrade instruments. But I do get it.

dc8fan, Ygor and Wandering Aramean like this.
  14. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately it is targeted and I did not qualify :(

8MiHi likes this.
  15. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup. I'd love more upgrade instruments but the reality is I'm not the target market so there is no point in them targeting me with an offer. Marketing is getting smarter. Hard to accept some days, but that's the way it is. Their goal is to change behavior and drive additional revenue, not just reward travel spend which would have happened anyways.

IDGflygirl, dc8fan and 8MiHi like this.
  16. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been flying more than usual with United and didn't qualify either :(

8MiHi likes this.
  17. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    my husband is dropping from Gold to no status next year and his number didn't qualify either

8MiHi likes this.
  18. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife got the offer. I did not. When I tried to register it told me it wasn't valid for me.

hulagrrl210 and 8MiHi like this.
  19. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ditto.

8MiHi likes this.
  20. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it is a very small targeted group, I'll deal with it. If it is large, all of us mid-tier elites will find more competition pushing us out of upgrades. Despite being a MM, I am an active FF and earned my status last year. I am planning out an jump in status this year and this offer would help.

21. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    In reading the responses above I detect a class distinction. Those of us who are mid-tier know this gives us competition.

22. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't get the offer and I think it's a mutual feeling we are glad neither of us wasted any time or effort with this offer.

Edit to add: I'm a 1K who stopped at Gold this year

23. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't targeted, and will probably stop at 75k this year. Had I been targeted, I'm sure I would have MR'd to 1k. UA's loss.

8MiHi and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  24. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I might have pushed to Platinum.

8MiHi and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  25. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    No love for me even though my flying has been much slower so far this year than last. :( Problem may be all the upcoming flights I already booked for the next 2 months!

8MiHi likes this.