POWER outlets on 767-400

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by SilverBuck42, May 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SilverBuck42

SilverBuck42 Active Member

Status Points:
    Headed from JFK- NCE On a 767-400 in economy comfort to NCE & exit row on the way back. Will I be able to charge my iPad?

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are USB and US/EU outlets in Economy Comfort; the exit row has USB power. They usually work, so you should be able to charge, or at least retain a charge, on your iPad.

:)

3. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't end up needing the power ports on my recent TATL flights, but I didn't actually see them on the EC seats of my 764. I assume it should have had them? Are they under the seat in a position that requires a contortionist to plug something in?

4. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is a bit of a feat to find them and plug something into them. I've only sat in EC once and used the power, but it was not without difficulty. (I prefer row 30 and deal with not having laptop power.)

5. SilverBuck42

SilverBuck42 Active Member

Status Points:
    Furthermore- having never flown international (outside of short flights to Mexico)- is the exit row/ EC better? Switched from exit to EC on the way out.

6. brfort
    Original Member

brfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    if they don't work (and this has happened to me a few times), I just ask the FA to reset the power and it normally pops on.

7. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it depends on what you value. If you want free spirits (I don't, as I have a ton of HOOU coupons from my medallion package that I could use and try not to drink too much in the air to avoid massive dehydration) or need a laptop power socket, you want EC. If you want infinite legroom and avoiding neighbor disruption when it's time for the lav or leg stretching, you want an exit row. The other thing that turns some off about exit rows is that the tray tables are in the armrests. This slightly decreases seat width, but it doesn't bother me one bit. Some have said that the extra recline in EC helps them sleep, but as a side sleeper, I really can't sleep in a Y seat unless I'm totally exhausted and on a very late departure.