Potential for 500 free HHonors points by phone call

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DrG, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DrG
    Original Member

DrG Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is likely a variation on an already known promotion, but I thought I would post about it here for the beta members. If anybody tries this and figures out how to streamline, please let me know and I will update my post.

Today I called the Hilton at Walt Disney World reservations extension to see if they had a better rate than I already had reserved. Upon confirming that there was not a better rate, they offered to transfer me to hear about a promotion to get up to 70% off future hotel stays. I assumed this was for a small vacation ownership pitch, but went ahead with it anyway.

The representative I was transferred to (based out of Orlando) asked me for my HHonors number and told me I would receive 500 points regardless of if I took advantage of his offer or not. He asked if I was single/married and which income bracket I fit into. The lowest income bracket was <$70k. I answered single and <$70k income and was told I didn't qualify for the Vacation ownership property they were promoting at the time, but would receive the 500points.

I do not have a direct phone number, but you could get routed to them through reservations by calling the hotel directly. Being disqualified from their target group yielded me 500 points for a 2 minute call. The did not post instantly to my account, I assume they will show up in a day or two.

Of course, YMMV

2. Steve

Steve Silver Member

Status Points:
    i dunno, my experience in past similar experiences, has never been productive...never get posted

3. bluesky
    Original Member

bluesky Gold Member

Status Points:
    You just reminded me of 500 points I was promised for dropping by the timeshare desk at the Hilton Times Square a month ago. Looking at my account - nothing there!

I'm not likely to go to the effort of calling if there's no guarantee the points will arrive.

4. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried emailing HHonors to ask about the status of the points?

I'm a gold and I've always had great results with emailing them. They've given me stay credits I had no business getting according to the rules, they've helped me maintain status, and once someone even gave me some bonus points simple for sending an email complimenting the professionalism and customer-focus of the HHonors phone and email CSRs.

I agree this isn't worth chasing with phone calls and hold times, but it may be worth the two minutes of an email.

5. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you are Diamond, sometimes you can simply call Diamond Desk and see if they can put those points through. They even given me 4,000 points before as I was short for an AXON (145,000 points for 4 nights at Cat 7) award.

6. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    IMHO - for 500 HHonors points, I'd do almost nothing. Yes, I occasionally use TopGuest to get 50 points for a Doubletree if I think of it, but really, 500 HH points are worth so little . . . and I'll do almost anything for points.

anabolism likes this.
  7. DrG
    Original Member

DrG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Much to my surprise. The 500 points posted today without issue.