Posting time for miles from Hilton stay?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by DeacFlyer1, Dec 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have any datapoints on how long it takes for miles earned from staying at a Hilton to post to your Mileage Plus account (assuming your HHonors earning preference is set to points/miles)? I had a Hilton stay towards the end of November, and the miles from that stay posted to my HHonors account on December 1st, but still haven't shown up in my MP account.

In the past I've always dumped miles into my US Airways account, and those usually show up 4-6 days after they hit my HHonors account--this is the first time I've tied my MP account to Hilton, so I'm not sure if I screwed something up, or if it generally just takes longer than US Airways. Thanks.

2. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    All of mine have posted within a week.

3. colpuck
    Original Member

colpuck Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been experiencing up to two weeks after the stay, but using more obscure programs than UA.

4. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Miles still haven't posted...I'm going to give it a few more days, but if they don't show, is this something I need to follow up with Hilton, or do I go to United?

5. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    My stays from Nov 19, 23, and Dec 4 have not posted yet :mad: About 2,100 miles.

I need them to post accordingly, because I am participating in the Month of Miles promo [2/1000 miles] and hotel stays counts.

Something is up...

6. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting. Those first two stays are even longer ago than my stay. Makes me feel a little better that someone else has run into this, as well...hopefully someone just forgot to hit "send" on a batch and they'll figure it out, although you would think they have this automated and down to a science by now...

7. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They may not show up in your UA account for 2weeks or so, but it will be posted as the checkout date.

8. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Speak of the devil, they all just posted... Perhaps, someone is lurking here and pushed them all through?

Yep, it sure did!

DeacFlyer1 likes this.
  9. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have two from the end of Nov that show on Hilton but still have not posted to UA 3 wks so far

10. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be damned, just checked my balance and mine posted too!

Golfingboy likes this.
  11. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    goalie-sis stayed at the Conrad, DUB on Nov, 20 and the HGI, MOB on Nov, 27 and her 500 UA miles for each stay (along with 2 x 1,000 miles for the Hilton 5k Fall Bonus) posted yesterday so maybe a sweep was run?

miles and smiles and Golfingboy like this.
  12. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sure sounds like it, from those who have posted here. Just seems like a long time for them to go without a sweep, though...

goalie and Golfingboy like this.
  13. sonoma

sonoma Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1 - my stays have always been posted within a week including the most recent Dec 8th stay that was posted in less than a week this time.

14. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I typically see them post within 2 weeks, but I also had 2 stays from about a month ago post within the past day or two.