Posting of miles from Oneworld Airlines to AA account

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Tim Morrison, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I recently completed a flight on JAL and still haven't seen the miles post to the account. Any idea on how long it will take for those points to post?

Thanks,
    Tim

2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For a second I thought that some JAL fares didn't accrue miles, but a quick check on their chart on AA.com shows that's not the case. I had Iberia flights two weeks ago that posted with 2-3 days. My BA flights in the past have also posted pretty quickly. I can't see why it would take longer than a week. If it's been over that long I'd call AA and find out what's involved to get them manually posted.

3. Chris H
    Original Member

Chris H Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience has been that JL mileage posts around the same time that my corresponding AA flights posted - 2-3 days. I would definately call AA if it has been more than 1 week.

4. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had JAL take a few days longer than my AA flights to show up in my account.

5. Biu
    Original Member

Biu Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've also used AA's online Request Mileage Credit form before and my JAL miles posted fairly quickly after the submission of the form.

6. Lalala
    Original Member

Lalala Silver Member

Status Points:
    My BA flight from wed. Posted this am. Note to self: ask for original routing credit.

7. HNL
    Original Member

HNL Gold Member

Status Points:
    IME BA takes about 4 Days. JL has taken up to 2 weeks.

oklAAhoma, gemac and Blumie like this.
  8. Well, JAL miles finally posted...50% EQM....anyone know if AA should be giving me a bonus miles for the flight? (I am an AA Platinum)

9. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, you won't be getting bonus miles from AA. Not all AA partner airlines or Oneworld airlines give elite bonus RDMs - in fact, not all give full 100% RDMs, as you found out.

10. pjoalfa
    Original Member

pjoalfa Silver Member

Status Points:
    IME, JL takes about a week, CX tends to take a week as well (and you do get the elite bonus on CX).

11. ark
    Original Member

ark Silver Member

Status Points:
    CX flights post about 3-4 days after the flight, but only once a week on Monday nights. Consequently, it could take up to 10-11 days for a flight to post. When flying in economy, only fares booked in Y, B, and H earn miles

12. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    My only OW miles posting experience is with JL and CX and was about the same. My JL flights took about a week and a half, CX posted in about 5 days.