Posting issue on CO MCO-ORD (CO flight and metal)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by mht_flyer, Nov 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flew on a CO flight last Sat the 19th from Orlando to Chicago on a CO flight (and metal)..., (then onward to BOS on ShuttleAmerica UAx).

Anyway, noticed a few days later, the UAx posted but not the CO flight. Called in Wednesday and OPSC said they saw it and put it in for posting within 24 hours.... Thursday comes and it's still not posted, so I called Friday afternoon and they said the flight posting had a error -- apparently the system said invalid origin and destination? All I can think of is they dont have their system updated for that route? Anyway they said they would override it and to check in another 24.

Just checked now and more than 24 hours later still not posted, very frustrating.

Anyone else seeing similar issues on other CO flights that don't originate or area destination of a CO hub?

I hope I don't have to make a third call to them Monday. I know on weekends sometimes things don't post so I'll give them benefit of doubt on this till Monday.

On a side, my CO flight from last Wednesday still didn't post as well :(

I miss the days when you could more or less depend on CO flights almost always posting 2 days after the flight :(

jupper and Flyer1976 like this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For me it usually takes CO to post between 3-5 days but on UA.BOMB they usually post it rather quickly.

3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just noticed a whole bunch of flights posted today (4 flights) including 2 in LH J on Saturday night, but the MCO-ORD still is not posted from 19th.

Called back third time a few hours back and was assured by tomorrow it will show up even though it hasn't in previous tries.

I can't believe the trouble I've had on one flight, on CO metal on CO flight number :(

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not much of a surprise that LH hasn't posted 2 days later IME. The CO bit certainly is, however.

5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, LH posted yesterday too (well last night for me) -- which was very quick I think.

My flights last week (BOS-EWR+return) also posted.

Just this pesky MCO-ORD CO metal flight. And I checked again today (this morning in Doha) and it's still not there -- the rep said by midnight it would post.

Oh well, one more call (4th now) will be required but I'm going to push for resolution on the phone instead of "waiting for it to post in 24 hours". They have got to have a way to manually post flights.

6. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well I called back two days back for forth time. This time the agent knew it was a system issue and had to send a ticket into the IT team to load the two city pairs as valid for CO -- MCO-ORD. And it may take 2 or 3 weeks to post.

I guess I'm glad they truly admitted their mistake, but after 4 calls? I wonder how many other folks didn't get their mile on that route.

Let's see if I get the miles back in 2 or 3 weeks.

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, they have historically been very good about going back and fixing the systemic bugs they know about, even for people who don't ask. Doesn't mean they necessarily will on this one, but the value to the company of not doing the right thing and offering up the retro-credit here is trivial compared to the goodwill generated by fixing it once they can do so in a reasonable manner. I'd bet they push the fix to all.

jupper and mht_flyer like this.
  8. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am happy to report that CO has fixed the issue and made MCO-ORD valid route for CO metal flights. I received my miles from Nov 19th flight on December 9 :)