Post your Platinum/Gold Experiences !

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by QSG, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    A thread for sharing your platinum/gold experiences!

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  2. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Silom Sofitel: given lounge access/drink coupon/ and a supposed upgrade to my room !

3. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Taipei Airport (TPE) Novotel: Given upgrade to executive floor and given lounge access/breakfast!

4. Misterstuf
    Original Member

Misterstuf Silver Member

Status Points:
    Philadelphia Sofitel: Upgrade to suite. Drink Coupon. Dessert and extra drink brought up to my room in the evening. No need for breakfast as I was at a work function which was totally catered.

5. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sofitel Wroclaw nothing given and I didn't ask since I was less then 6 hours in the hotel.

Kalboz, uggboy and jbcarioca like this.
  6. netzko

netzko Active Member

Status Points:
    Any experience for the Novotel Bali Benoa? I've booked a garden room only.... Should I asked for a upgrade? Think novotels are not included in the upgrade offer

7. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome netzko, You are right that Novotel are not included in the plat/ gold benefits but I have had luck with Novotel!
    Nothing gained by not trying.....so give it a whirl and see what happens.

8. netzko

netzko Active Member

Status Points:
    I will try.... thanks for your help

9. _kurt
    Original Member

_kurt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ibis Grand Place, Brussels: Was slightly less surly about my request for two double beds after seeing my gold status. I know, it's not much, but it is an Ibis after all.

10. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Brisbane Sofitel do not acknowledge A-Club but said that as I was a plat member I could have a 5pm late checkout.
    I feel cheated as the only other choice in Bne is the Novotel and you do not get anything from Novotels either.[​IMG]

11. Mangy
    Original Member

Mangy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't expect any tier bonuses on Saudi Arabia Airline - none worthwhile anyway

12. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Still a gold with accorhotels, never made a difference to me and never asked for anything from them anyway.

Kalboz and jbcarioca like this.
  13. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sofitel New York always upgrades me an fusses over me. I stayed there for almost a year off and on soon after they opened and they still recognize me. I don't thing my lowly Gold status has anything to do with it.

Kalboz, uggboy and excelsior like this.
  14. edison
    Original Member

edison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mercure Auckland, New Zealand

I booked 2 Standard Queen rooms for 1 night (3 days ago) at Mercure Auckland for NZ$119 each room. As a A-Club Plat, I got 1 Superior King Harbour View room, plus 1 Junior Suite Harbour View room. I also received a personal welcome card from Duty Manager, with 4 welcome drinks voucher at Vue Restaurant or Attica Bar (I had 2 Spreights beer and my wife had 2 cokes), plus a box of almond chocolates on arrival. I am quite impressed with the treatment, especially for the price I paid for the rooms. I will stay there again if I need to go to AKL and stay in the city (very convenient).

OY-JFS, Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  15. RoninTech
    Original Member

RoninTech Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed twice at the BKK Swampy Novotel. Booked the cheapest superior twin room and both times got upgraded to a Junior suite on the executive floor. Platinum perk.

16. `X'
    Original Member

`X' Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pullman Auckland - Gold Status

Didnt expect anything since was booked through work so not a valid stay really. But they still honoured my gold with an amenity on check in (pistachio tart & litre bottle of kiwi sparkling water) and late check out. Also went out of their way to let me use Room Service breakfast when inclusions were for restaurant breakfast. Late check out till 2pm comped as well.

17. wembleygal
    Original Member

wembleygal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sofitel Gatwick (as a Gold) -- given lounge access, 2 drink coupons and upgraded my room. Then in the morning, they took the buffet breakfast charges off ... Nice hotel !

18. dc_traveler
    Original Member

dc_traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sofitel Lyon -- as a platinum -- received an upgrade (on the third floor, but a great view), a drink coupon, and some chocolates. Got a slightly later checkout (about an hour).

I am planning to stay at the Sofitel LA in a couple of weeks; hoping to get the upgrade to a suite.

19. SmooveG

SmooveG Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cuba, Mercure Quatro Palmas in Varadero. Got nada zip niente for being platinum. Oh and they asked me to pay an obligatory All Inclusive fee of €20,- pppd. Wich i kindly refused ofcourse. :D
    Mercure Sevilla Havana, now that was more like it. Welcome drink, welcome gift, upgrade to junior suite, free access to the executive restaurant and late checkout. :cool:

Kalboz, carenero and uggboy like this.
  20. Skyraider

Skyraider Active Member

Status Points:
    Sofitel Metropole Hanoi: Upgraded to Club room. Club Access. Drink Coupon. Chocolates and macarons sent to the room daily.

21. I just stayed in the Bogota Sofitel and being a Silver member I saw no difference whatsoever

22. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be staying at the Mercure Panoram Freiburg this week. Does anyone know if they honor Platinum upgrades or offer any benefits?

Kalboz likes this.
  23. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bought 4 night stay during Accor Private sales on Sofitel Bangkok Silom. Got upgraded to club floor with full club benefits.

Kalboz likes this.
  24. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    We are here at the Pullman Raja Khon Kaen for three nights. The staff is clueless and the breakfast sucks (excuse my French ;)) However, we got the welcome gift (small basket full of cookies), free in-room internet, late checkout, and an upgrade from the Jr. suite (around $98++/night) to the 800 SQFT executive suite (around $136++/night) ... this property has no lounge. So I guess there are benefits in this program.​
    [​IMG]

OY-JFS and QSG like this.
  25. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, sorry to say that they didn't even recognize me as a Platinum guest...had to bring it to their attention...and was not offered anything, upgrade, kick in the a$$, nothing..and the hotel was empty!

QSG and Kalboz like this.