Post your hotel review in February, win Starbucks and Five Guys gift cards!

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by tommy777, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    All,

In our efforts to get great content before the launch March 1st, Randy and his volunteers are launching our milepoint.com great review giveaway.

Post your hotel review in the respective forum and the member with the most likes of his review by March 1st, wins a 25USD Starbucks gift card. The runner up gets a 25USD Five Guys gift card.

There are prizes for EACH hotel forum, so a total of 20 prizes!

Rules are simple:

Post a review of a hotel you've stayed at recently (reviews should be from stays no older than 1 year old).

If there's no thread covering the hotel you want to review, start a new thread named the property's name. For example: W Fort Lauderdale or Park Hyatt Aviara.

You don't have to post pictures, but there should be more than two paragraphs describing your stay.

You can post as many reviews you like, but only one per hotel

GOOD LUCK!

2. weinskkb
    Original Member

weinskkb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Marriott Ko'Olina Villas in Jan of 2011. I really like this place and have stayed there before. The location is far enough from all the Honolulu/Waikiki activity, but close enough to go there if one wants to. There are four lagoons which are sheltered so you always have calm water which is great for my grandkids. Lagoon 2 has no chairs so you need to bring something if you want to lay on something. The sand area at each Lagoon is large so if one wants to be alone, there is plenty of room. There are at least 3 pools so you can be with or without kids. One of the pools has a slide with a height requirement. The Villas has many heated spas scattered around the pools. There is a paved walkway which approx 1 1/2 miles from end to end for walkers/joggers. You can also use the grass next to the walkway.

The rooms are nice and have a full kitchen, washer, and dryer. Costco, Safeway, Target, and many dining places are just one exit away. There are plenty of activities for adults, kids, and families at the resort and close by.I have found the other guests to be friendly too. I have met some very nice people while at the BBQs with my Jack and Coke. I was very lucky this trip to get a full sized car from PL for $138 A.I. for a week. Must not have been much demand for cars that week.

I did run into one problem on my last trip (been there 5 times). I killed a cockroach in the bathroom. When I reported it to the front desk, they said it was common in Hawaii on the lower floors to find a cockroach. When I asked if I should ask for a high floor if I come back I was told they have heard of them up high but assured they had eco people at the resort every week to deal with the problem.

The Ko'Olina Golf Course very close along with some shops. There is a shuttle to that will take you there. The Villas has a store on site. A nice restaurant (can't recall the name) is on site also. The Activities desk can set you up with many types of activities. They have an a.m. gathering which explains all of the activities which includes some drinks and snacks. Prizes are also given away from a free raffle ticket. There is a Steam room and Gym on site. I saw two massage tables also. A Grille is next to the beach and I heard live music there several times during the week in the evening. You can also get drinks from the Grille while enjoying the music.

The sunset is very beautiful. If there are high clouds, it adds color and only makes it more beautiful. There is a show (Fia Fia) on site Tuesday nights. It is almost like a Luau (did I spell that right). Paradise Cove is Luau right down the street. You can walk, drive, or take a shuttle to attend. It has activities for kids before the Luau starts.

There is a JW Marriott Hotel at Lagoon 1 and Disney is building a timeshare between the Ko'Olina Villas and the JW Marriott. There will not be a Disney Theme Park there.

3. carpe diem
    Original Member

carpe diem Silver Member

Status Points:
    Done...for Marriott Boston-Burlington!