Tabled Post edit behavior idea.

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Dovster, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    On most bulletin boards (including FT), if I want to put a word in boldface all I have to do is select it, click the B button and then continue to write to the remainder of my post with the usual font. The same is true for a word which I want to italicize, except, of course, I have to use the I button.

Here, if I chose one of those buttons the rest of my post comes out boldfaced or italicized unless I go back and select the remainder of the post and select the "Remove formatting" button. It would be much less effort if we were to usual the traditional method.

lisamcgu and Skyvillager like this.
  2. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't disagree with you and will add that to our queue for review.

Having said that, in the meantime you might find it easier to add emphasis using one of the following methods:

1. Type past the word you want to emphasize, then select the word and emphasize it.
    2. If you find it easier to emphasize as you go along, you can emphasize the word, then place your cursor immediately following the word and re-click the appropriate emphasis to deselect it going forward.

Hope this is helpful.

3. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been using the workarounds you suggest Mikel also for url's and it would be great if the (eventual) fix could apply to links too!

4. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    An update on this for anyone watching this thread that would like the post editor to behave like Dovester suggested he would prefer might want to check out the information in this thread:

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/update-new-enhanced-plain-text-editor.7315/

We have expanded the functionality of the non-rich text editor to include many of the BB Code tagging features that users like in the rich text editor, but with out the rich text/wysiwyg functionality that some don't like.

lin821 likes this.