Possible to waitlist on UA flight with CO miles?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by penumpang, Aug 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's the situation. I used CO miles to book an award ticket to Hawaii in F. All but one segment have been confirmed in F (saver). The one leg that currently has no XF availability is on UA from CMH to ORD. I know that I can keep checking, but can I be waitlisted? If I can't do it now, can I be put on the waitlist at the airport?

Thanks!

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I could be wrong but I do believe UA flights can now be waitlisted with CO Miles.

penumpang likes this.
  3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you check equipment on the CMH-ORD route? They may not have metal with F seats. The several times I've flow that route its been on a glorified puddle jumper with no F.

penumpang likes this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looking on expert flyer, looks like about 1/2 the flights have F. Seats usually are released day before departure, so perhaps best bet is 24 hours out when OLCI opens, maybe call UA and ask at that point.

penumpang likes this.
  5. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    The flight I'm on is an A320. If I can't get the F seat, it won't be a big deal -- it's a short flight. But since I already redeemed the miles for F, I thought I should at least try to get it.

6. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not familiar with the process here. When I call UA, what do I need to tell them? Upgrade or waitlist? Can I call now and be put on the waitlist? The flight is still a month away.

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are redeeming CO miles then calling UA will be a waste of time. You would call CO and ask them and to waitlist you for F on the segment for the flight that is currently in Y. If they can do it then they will. I have no idea if it can be done or not.

penumpang likes this.
  8. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just called CO regarding this. The rep said that I couldn't be put on a waitlist on UA, but I could keep checking to see if something comes up. If a seat is available, say 3 days before departure, will there be a change fee to get the F seat? I know about the close-in (ticketed in <21 days) fee, but I'm not sure if the change I'd make would fall under the close-in booking situation.

Thanks again for all the replies!