Possible Extra Pulls and How to Get Rid of Them

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Extra Pack of Peanuts, Jan 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys, a few questions about why certain pulls were made and how I can get rid of them.

Backstory: On November 8, 2011 I did an app-o-rama for credit cards and applied for 2 Chase cards (Ink Bold and Marriot), 2 Citi cards (Thank You Premier and American Airlines Visa Business) and 1 AmEx (Hilton HHonors). Citi pulled EXP twice, Chase pulled EXP and TU for one card and just EXP for another, and AmEx pulled EXP.

First question: Why would Chase pull EXP and TU for one but not the other?

Then, on the 25th of November, Chase pulled an EQ and an EXP.

Second question: Why would they possibly be pulling something over 2 weeks later after already making two pulls?

I got denied from both Citi card because of too many recent inquiries. I wrote to the reconsideration department and got responses for one card on December 17th (approved) and another on December 20th (denied again). However, I had two more hard pulls from Citi on EXP, one on December 15th and one on December 20th.

Third question: How come they pulled my credit AGAIN if they had already done it in November originally? Is this standard practice for a reconsideration? I was under the impression that when you asked for reconsideration that you did not get another hard pull?

Last question: Which ones can I get wiped off? I'm hoping both the Chase ones from the 25th and the two Citi ones in December. And what is the best way for doing it? Writing a letter, calling, doing a dispute through the CRA's?

Thanks a ton.

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Don't think there is really anything you can do to get the pulls off your credit report. One time when I called Citi for reconsideration they made another pull so it may be standard procedure some of the time.

On Chase, one app was for business and one for personal. Each have their own requirements so I can understand the difference. Could be that on one of the cards you were considered marginal and they wanted to check a second bureau to see if there were any pulls there.

3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    give it some time...

4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    yes, patience works wonders..........

5. Wow, now thats an app-o-rama! :cool: I usually get 1-2 at once then wait a little while as most of them have spending limits. Do you use Credit Karma? I like using their site so I can see how much impact the pulls have on my credit.

miles and smiles likes this.
  6. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been using credit secure with American Express but I don't really like it at all. In three months, my score with them hasn't changed one bit even though I've done an App-o-rama, which seems really strange.

I've used Myfico in the past and liked it, but didn't want to keep paying the $14.99 each month so I cancelled it.

7. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been using CreditSecure for a while now, in my opinion it's gone way downhill in the past 5 months. Were no longer allowed unlimited monthly pulls, and it doesn't show as much information as some other services do.

8. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Completely agree. That's why I cxl'd mine last month.

miles and smiles likes this.
  9. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad I just did their $1 month trial offer, got my 3 scores from them and then cancelled.

mailbroad likes this.