Possible Award Help Request Thread?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by spotydoty, Mar 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

?

Would a thread under each airline program providing help on award bookings be a good addition?

1. Yes :)

90.0%
  2. No :(

10.0%
  1. Hi All- Hopefully I don't get flamed too quickly for this but was thinking that maybe we could have some sort of stickied thread for the different mileage redemption programs where people could go to get help on finding award bookings?

That way, requests for help can be all in one area and if people feel like they have some time/kindness in their hearts, they will be willing to help other members out :)

For example, I've spent a lot of time building my OneWorld award ticket and would be able to help someone at the AA forum. However, I am now trying to book my dad on his skypesos (thanks for the term gleff!) and am having a horrible time trying to find the lower tiered awards even with expert flyer and the kvs tool.

What do you all think? Would it not be a good idea to have a set sticky where people can go put in their help requests for each award program? Or would these requests likely be too much and not valuable to the community?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Kohoutek
    Original Member

Kohoutek Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. I saw the definitive guide but felt like that wouldn't be an appropriate place to request help. Rather, the thread appeared to be more about info?

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI, I don't think gleff invented the term skypesos. I think it's due to the person known as DYKWIA on MP.

5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The plan seems to be to go to wikis instead of stickies. The wikies will be referenced at the top of the appropriate forum, and also will all be listed in the wiki link in the top menu bar. Visit the AA or UA forum to see how it is being handled. (user guide/help desk)

samonyc likes this.
  6. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd be up for helping people, and UPGRD.COM has an award concierge so does Luckycoins from Flyertalk.