Possible App O Rama Questions (SW Personal & Biz)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Mikus33, Feb 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last November 12 I was denied the SW personal card, and I ended up not calling the reconsideration line. I'd like to try again to get both the SW personal and Business cards to get the companion pass. Due to the denial, I'm a little hesitant, but I really want that companion pass. I'm looking for some advice.

Do I need to hold off any longer to reapply?

I have a ticket brokering business that should actually make some decent money this year, but I haven't done anything to make the business official. Is there anything specific I need to know about getting approved for the business card other than that I'll probably have to call the reconsideration line?

If I go after these 2 cards, are there any other suggested cards that I should go after at the same time or should I just let it be with the 2 SW cards due to the denial last November?

I've already got:
    Chase Sapphire Preferred
    Chase CO One Pass (hoping to trade credit on this one and cancel it so I can get the MP card later on - I got this one prior to last July)
    Chase BA
    AA Citi
    AMEX PRG
    AMEX SPG
    Hawaiin Bank of America
    Hawaiin Bank of Hawaii

Thanks for your help.

2. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why didn't you call the reconsideration line? On Chase applications they usually ask if you have been denied in the last 6 months. I think I would wait for the six months to pass as you already have 3 cards with them. If they end up denying you CALL THE RECONSIDERATION LINE , Many times you can move a little credit around or consider closing one of the accounts. When the 100K BA card came out I had just opened another card with them and i was denied- it took me 3 calls to finally get approved! I hate calling but it was worth it.

Mikus33 and iolaire like this.
  3. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just let it slip by. Big mistake, I know. If I wait the 6 months, there's a good chance my CO One Pass will turn into a United Card, right? I don't want that to happen.

4. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yea, I just closed my CO One Pass card after getting the 70K Marriott card. I'm going to let chase rest a while unless they make an offer I cant refuse;)

Mikus33 likes this.
  5. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you got it after 3 calls, I might have to try my luck. Calling does suck, but, like you said, it's worth it.

6. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Best of luck, YMMV

7. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you already have 3 chase cards i would wager you not getting instantly approved for both SW cards. But, i have had luck, twice, with the reconsideration line. Don't be hesitant with it.

me, personally, i'm looking at doing the chase united, another citi aa (last apply was august '10), hopefully another barclays US, and the capital 1 venture if the 100k comes back.

Mikus33 likes this.
  8. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you go for it today, and can meet the spending requirement, I would add the 75K Amex Business Gold card to the list. ;) I agree you need to dump that CO card soon if you want the UA card in the future.

Mikus33 likes this.
  9. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a Sapphire and Co card and have canceled a united and co cards a few time. Put from $200-$500 on the Sapphire per month. Received the SW Biz and was denied on the personal (same day, Biz first app) for too many inquires or open lines. I called the reconsideration number and they were very nice and moved things around so I could get the SW card. I think personally the rejection is to just filter out people, if you want the card enough to call in they are fairly happy to give you the card. My excuse for wanting the card was I just opened the Biz card and therefore also wanted to move some personal spending to the personal card.

It’s a bit intimidating to call the reconsideration number on the denial letter, but they were nice and try to be helpful.

Mikus33 likes this.
  10. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    When people talk about going 18 months between churns for the Citi AA for example, that's suggesting 18 months between apps, right, not between cancellation then reapplying, right? Is there a suggested time between cancellation and reapplying?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to think about upcoming expenses to see if I can hit that 10k spend. I've got a wedding coming up so that helps(?), but even then a lot of that has already been paid for. Dumping the CO card is the big reason for me to go after the SW cards now.

I had to call the reconsideration line on the Sapphire as I already had 2 Chase cards and it went smoothly. Hopefully, this one will go smoothly too, as I'm sure I'll get at least one denial the first go around.

11. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was able to get a 4th Chase card instantly approved with a generous credit limit. That said, my 4th card was applied for in Feb 2012 and my previous card with Chase (Sapphire) was applied for in May 2011. That said, I use all my Chase cards, I put a generous amount of spending on each so figure they do not have me down as someone just signing up for the bonuses then dumping.

12. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, so I went after the AMEX Gold Business for the 75k, got it, pending on the personal SW (probably a denial that I'll have to call about), but now I'm having a heckuva time finding a link to the 50k SW Business card. Anyone know where I can find it?

13. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
  14. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
  15. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got approved for the AMEX Business Gold immediately, but both Chase SW cards said they were processing. I figured I'd have to call on both of them, but I just signed into my Chase account and the SW is showing up. I'm assuming its the personal one, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I may see if I can find a number to call about the business one tomorrow.

traveler likes this.
  16. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My personal Southwest card came 2 days ago along with a letter of denial from chase on the Business card stating I had too many accounts with them. I called them up last night and after about 15 minutes on the phone explaining the situation and answering questions about my business they move some credit from my BA chase card and approved me. Quite easy. Now to work on getting that extra 10k SW points for the companion pass.

iolaire likes this.