Possible Air France Strike

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by Newscience, May 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just received this notice:

Possible Air France Strike

Air France says to cancel flights in May 3-30 pilot strike

[PARIS] Air France plans to cancel an unspecified number of flights as the result of possible national strike action planned on May 3-30 by pilots union SNPL, the airline said on Tuesday.

"This strike action is unusual both for its significance, lasting nearly a month, as well as for its methods which will penalize Air France flights at two peak times of day," the airline, part of Air France-KLM, said in a statement.

France's largest pilots union is calling for strikes for two hours in the morning and three hours in the afternoon and most of the affected flights will be cancelled, Air France said in a statement. - Reuters

sobore, gregm and uggboy like this.
  2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if other SkyTeam carriers can make up some of the cancelled flights. I also wonder what will happen to crews 'stranded' outside of France once the strike begins. Will they fly their planes home empty?

Newscience likes this.
  3. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOVELY - I only have 4 AF flights scheduled during those dates :rolleyes: but it's not all about me...no wait...it's not.

Newscience likes this.