POS website is at its "best" again....

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by Gaucho, Apr 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK.... so I finally find a decently priced itin on lan.com and want to buy..... click on outbound & inbound legs... click continue.... get error message "sorry, cant process, please try again".

This nonsense has been going on for more than 90 minutes, Ive tried some 13 times.... so I call the famous LAN 0800 line...... get some "expert" who tells me... can you please select a higher fare and see what happens..? When I amuse him, the system works.... so the answer is.... sorry, you want a fares that is probably sold out, so either try again and see if you have luck or else you will have to find a higher fare.

OK... so I get that fares get sold out... but then I ask the "expert".... if I select a fare and its sold out, why doesnt the website tell me its sold out...? furthermore, if the website denies my request and then asks me to try again, when I start from scratch, why does it again offer me a fare that is supposedly sold out..???? Answer.. sorry, thats how the website is... you either have to try again for as long as you can or else pay a higher fare.

LAN's personalized customer service.............. priceless..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    To make a point of contrast.... AA's website works like a Breguet timepiece, it even recognizes my elite status within One World when I input my LANPass account number and allows me to pre-select the coveter Premium seats..... :cool:

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why do you keep commenting about the LAN Point Of Sale website? :p

For better or worse, LAN is switching reservations systems to SABRE in June. This will require LAN to do something with the programming of its website - hopefully for the better, and maybe they are awaiting this transition until they do something. One can hope. It is all we have.

Gaucho likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe this is the exception to the rule that nothing is so bad it cannot get worse.... as you say, hope is all we have and I will add that its the last thing you lose.

5. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would imagine that if you lose your balls, hope will not be the last thing you lose. :eek:

6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a last round of calls to the hopeless LAN 0800 yesterday at around midnight.... the good news is that at that hour you have no wait time.... but to make a story short, the agent told me that my issues with the website have to do with the fact that one of my reservations had been assigned a PNR that was once used for a ticket issued in 2009.... its amazing how bad LANs IT department is... and they dont even make an effort to disguise this...

:eek: