Portland OR in November?

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by dhammer53, Apr 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We were planning to go to Portland in May, but due to a change in plans, we're going to re-schedule for fall. We'd like to go in late October early November. I just checked www.weather.com and saw that November is a rainy month. Any opinions?

SC Flier likes this.
  2. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its always rainy here in Portland.. Especially right after summer all the way through early spring.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    What are you planning to do in Portland? For city things, it may not matter much, but some wineries are likely to close for the season. Hiking and outdoor activities would depend on the altitude, I would imagine.

ACMM likes this.
  4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    From what I remember from living nearby, late Oct./early Nov. is the transition period between drier weather and rainier weather. My suggestion is go as early as you can if you want to do a lot of outdoor activities.

5. opushomes
    Original Member

opushomes Silver Member

Status Points:
    Late October is normally dryer than later in November. Please remember that we are not talking about deluges but more of a gray sky with drizzle. Temps should not drop below 32. Around Thanksgiving it can be pretty raw (or really nice) particularly in wine country.

Once your plans are firm, you might PM if you are interested in getting together with some local. We have not had a meal with visitors in quite some time.

6. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So noted. Thanks. We're still deciding.

SC Flier likes this.