Portland Marriott

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by manfromkrypton, Oct 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi -

I am traveling to Portland the week after thanksgiving, and I have an option of two properties:
    Marriott City Center
    Marriott Waterfront

Anyone stayed here and have a recommendation? The Water front is cheaper by almost $40 dollars, so I am going to probably do that, but was wondering what the consensus was.

2. Frequent Freak
    Original Member

Frequent Freak Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry I'm only noticing this now... stayed at Waterfront earlier this year but never been to City Center.

Had a fine stay and would stay there again. With Gold status I got a top floor with a view out over the river. Lounge was closed for the weekend but plenty of restaurants within walking distance were open (incl good sushi a block west). Furnishings are typical Marriott, nothing super fancy. City Center is slightly more centrally located and more convenient to public transportation but the difference isn't really that big.

hth

3. Both Are typical marriotts but the location of the city center makes it worth the extra cost if you want to be close to all of the restaurants and shopping

ACMM likes this.
  4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the information and welcome to milePoint! :)

5. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    True & fwiw, as a lowly Gold, I was treated quite well by the staff at the City Marriott who were top notch & also gave free breakfast chits on weekend stay in lieu of lounge.