Portland Doubletree

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by ADLFO, May 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ADLFO
    Original Member

ADLFO Active Member

Status Points:
    Had an awesome stay at this property a couple of weeks ago. First, was put on the top floor with a really nice view of Mt. Hood. I didn't get the suite upgrade, but there were only two of us and we had plenty of room. Second, the garage rate on the weekends is a reasonable $9 a day with in/out privleges. Third, the MAX station is literally steps away from the front door and is inside the free rail zone so you can get most anywhere downtown for no charge. (The location of the Doubletree is actually just across the river from downtown) If you are going to an event at the Rose Garden, it is cheaper to park here and take the free MAX light rail. If you don't have a car, you can get to the Doubletree from the PDX airport using MAX. There is a nice mall within walking distance (Lloyd Center). The clam chowder from the restaurant on the main floor is some of the best I have ever had. The breakfast vouchers can be used for the buffet, which is very nice, or as $12 off of anything on the menu. Service was great throughout and I highly recommend it.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been curious about this hotel- thanks for the review ADLFO!

ADLFO likes this.
  3. gvdIAD
    Original Member

gvdIAD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed here last weekend. The hotel is between the Yellow/Green MAX lines and the Red MAX line. The Red line is the one that goes to the airport. The Portland Doubletree is a very well maintained property, and the staff members with whom I dealt were all excellent. The evening happy hour is in the sub-basement, which has something of a Rathskeller feel. It was fairly crowded, but the bar seemed well staffed and folks weren't waiting too long to be served. In terms of munchies, there was popcorn and a few crudites. I also snagged a Mount Hood view room. The building is essentially shaped like an "E"; if you want a view, the exterior prongs are definitely to be preferred to the interior ones. One slight negative: breakfast didn't seem to begin until 7:00 am, which is a little late for those of us coming from the east coast whose body clocks haven't adjusted.

ADLFO likes this.
  4. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I work across the street from this property and been noticing some renovations--they just put in an upscale restaurant/bar that replaced the old aging 'Eduardos Faux Mexican Food' joint....its pretty nice but a bit overpriced. Do your research (or PM me) and you can find some really good places near that hotel just by walking or taking the train (which is free) downtown (5 min).