Popular $7 Calendar App For iPhone And iPad Goes Free For Just 48 Hours

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, May 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.redmondpie.com/popular-7...gn=Feed:+RedmondPie+(Redmond+Pie)&utm_content=

With Apple’s own iOS 7 calendaring app proving to be less than stellar for anyone wanting even the most modest of features, the door was left wide open for third-parties to enter the fray with the own alternatives of which there are many. We’ve been fans of Readdle’s work for as long as we can remember, and the latest Calendars 5 is one of our favorite calendaring apps across the iOS ecosystem. In fact, it’s probably tied with Fantastical 2 for the top spot on that particular list. High praise indeed.

If you’ve been on the fence about spending seven dollars on an app that manages your calendars and reminders, then now is well and truly the time to give it a whirl. After all, the list of features is compelling.

Read More: http://www.redmondpie.com/popular-7...gn=Feed:+RedmondPie+(Redmond+Pie)&utm_content=

2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    No longer free. I generally download these types of offers, even if I'm not ready to use them, just so I have the app pre bought (for free) incase I'm ever in the needed for that type of app.

uggboy and WilliamQ like this.
  3. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got mine for free. very easy to use.

4. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yesterday, when I downloaded mine, it states in the description as "FREE for 48 hours..." but the price is still there and I had to "Buy" the app.

Is this normal? I did do screen grabs in case my credit card is charged. It is currently showing as 50% off for limited time.

(Post number 501 - Personally consider this a milestone... :))

uggboy and Gargoyle like this.
  5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    If its free it will say free not $2.99 on that buy button. I think you are facing grief.

Congratulations on 501!

6. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am curious too as I have clear screen captures on the "Free for 48 hours". I just dropped Apple an email and I will wait for their response.

Thank you :)

uggboy and iolaire like this.
  7. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am indeed facing grief. My Boss actually downloaded this app following me mentioning it and he was charged too.
    Strangely, he got Apple to agree to refund with one online report but I am still asked to follow-up with the developer after 2/3 email conversations.
    Not only I felt frustrated making an unnecessary purchase but the response was also inconsistent from Apple's team.

The only "fortunate" thing was that they refunded my boss while pushing me around. It could have been the other way.

uggboy likes this.
  8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    [Update]

Started an online chat support request with Apple's team
    I explained the situation and matter was resolved in less than 5 minutes.
    Charges reversed and will reflect between 5-7 business days.

Absolute 10 points for the Chat support team and a 1 for the Email support team.
    Of course, the Chat team might have an advantage as they are real time and could feel my issue but I hardly had to plead my case much (if at all).

Regardless, case solved and no more such (temporary) freebies for me.
    An App is either free or it is not....

I bought my shares of paid apps, Android, iOS and Windows.
    Some of those apps, I am thrilled with the decision but there are some which I regretted but they had always been a conscious decision to buy...

Laptop Nomad and uggboy like this.
  9. Laptop Nomad

Status Points:
    As I stated earlier it was easy to use. Well as one who lives and dies by my calendar I open the app to see I have no appointments in my calender for the rest of the year. I run to check my computer, and it is gone as well. Then I get a notice from the app if I want the full version for 6.99 or unlock the calender for 1.99. Now I have to figure out how to reload all my appointments and travel that I have coming up. I am so ticked off.

iolaire likes this.
  10. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What!?, are you saying the "Calendars 5" app deleted your entries and is demanding ransom? Readdle is a pretty legitimate developer as far as I know and I'd be very sorry to learn they'd do something like that. I'm having no issues at all with mine.

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  11. Laptop Nomad

Status Points:
    Well I would not go as far to say they are demanding ransom. Well the app deleted all my entries into the future not the ones I have already done. I am having to call and have all my calender appointments redone. I am so through with this app. Just sticking with Google calender. It has taken me a couple of days to do this. bigxO I hope it works well for you. I was wondering since I got it for free I was thinking it might have been a trail period.To delete the appointments you already made is just wrong.

bigx0 likes this.