Poor Stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg :-/

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Leonardo85, Jul 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Leonardo85

Leonardo85 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear Community,

a short review of my stay at the PH Hamburg, two weeks ago.

As a Diamond Member i used one of my Diamond Suite and was upgraded to Park Executive Suite.
    First this sounds nice, but the furtniture was a little bit damaged, and the window in the bedroom was defect. Asked room service, no answer,solution so: every morning we woke up [at 5am during our HOLIDAY !!!!] because it was too loud outside [5th floor, but you can hear the garbage truck and bus, as they were directy near you. No good sleeping there.

The Service at Apples where at the Beginning really good, but then there was an employee who was really unfriendly and interrupted while i want to ask for something. Other persons saw this and shake there head because of that.

Later that evening we went to the Spa for a little bit relaxing, but it was horror:

at the beginning of the steam area was so many little hair on the ground and it was really dirty that we decided to go back to our suite.

The other days we got much better employees at Apples but the circumstances (no sleeping, very used furniture, mud at the Spa) was really sad :-(

The club lounge was really good, (food and beverage, service)

Hotel is integrated in "Levantenhaus" a small shopping mall, direct at the main shopping street the "
    Mönckebergstraße"

now i really consider if it´s useful to choose PH Hamburg for a second stay in August or choose another Hotel...

Other experiences with this hotel ?!

uggboy likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed there last year. Didn't go to Apples or the Spa, but overall the stay was very pleasant (I upgraded my parents to the suite with my Diamond upgrade). Did you try to talk to the front desk about the window situation?

3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I had those experiences I wouldn't be asking if I should go back:(

"fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

4. Leonardo85

Leonardo85 Silver Member

Status Points:

mentioned it at the front desk, but there was no change etc :-(

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the window was broken and causing noise issues, I wouldn't just mention it, I'd request a solution. Yes, a mere mention should result in a resolution, but I wouldn't let it ruin my sleep over multiple days. How long was your stay?

tommy777 likes this.
  6. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Indeed. It sounds like this stay was multiple days. There's no WAY I would accept a defect window to interrupt my sleep at ANY property. I would have demanded it or walked.

I would call Hyatt customer service and file a complait.

7. Leonardo85

Leonardo85 Silver Member

Status Points:
    i wrote directly to park hyatt, mentioned the problem, and advise them about my upcoming trip in august.
    no answer,yet:-(

8. Leonardo85

Leonardo85 Silver Member

Status Points:
    should you think i should mail goldpassport or hyatt customer service ?

9. Leonardo85

Leonardo85 Silver Member

Status Points:
    got an email from the front manager with some words of "sorry", they look for a solution for the window and spa...

according to my request for my stay in hamburg next month, they made no word of redemption to choose ph, i´m really disappoted with this... :-(

10. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I would call the Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond line

11. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed at the hotel plenty of times since it opened and under the old GM it was one of my favorite Hyatt's. Since the new GM arrived at the hotel it has been plagued with problems and no one really seems to care or able to fix issues. After a few bad stays and promises by management that things were being addressed and fixed I had the same issues again. I completely switched my nights in Hamburg over to the Fairmont Vier Jahreszeiten and would suggest to the OP to find another hotel. When there is a management change at the hotel I will give them another try.

Leonardo85 likes this.
  12. Leonardo85

Leonardo85 Silver Member

Status Points:

i wrote an email to the customer service, but still get no response.
    From my point of view no good service at all, until now.
    There was no point of redemption for my next possible booking in August from the Hotel.
    Very disappointing...

I talked to other frequent travelers who got similar problems with the PH Milan...
    The Hotel offeres him the Imperial Suite, champagne etc as regular upgrade (for free)

it seems that since the new GM arrived problems become more and more, according to the post from roadwarrior and other hyatt customers...