Poll: Favorite EWR United Club

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by yunicorner, Oct 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

?

What's your favorite United Club(s) at EWR?

1. UC Terminal A1 (former RCC)

6.7%
  2. UC Terminal A2 (former PC)

13.3%
  3. UC Terminal C1 (across from Gate C74)

33.3%
  4. UC Terminal C3

60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. yunicorner
    Original Member

yunicorner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pick your favorite out of all the choices. Or pick your favorite A terminal and C terminal ones. Or if you love them all, pick all of them. Feel free to list reasons why a certain one is your favorite below.

2. yunicorner
    Original Member

yunicorner Silver Member

Status Points:
    C3 has the better desk areas and nicer bathrooms but there's always a line to get in and once you're in, it's a zoo. C1 is calm and it's circular shape make the sections feel more separated and private. I don't feel like I need to go to a desk to get some peace, quiet, and privacy. Plus it's on the second floor which is pretty cool.

The former PC in terminal A probably has the best women's bathroom in all of EWR (although, I've never seen the AA, BA, and DL lounge bathrooms in terminal B). And it's not even that fancy! It's just that all the public ones are so nasty. I also like the sitting areas. There's something really pleasant about the way they are configured and there's lots of natural light. The former RCC is pretty nice but it's a little dark and desolate in there.

3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    My vote goes for the former UA RCC. The club is large, spacious and quiet. There are also some unique old UA memorabilia there. I got my MP number on an old New York to Hong Kong stationary there recently. The UA tulip has a soft spot in my heart - my parents were separated when I was young and UA was the preferred carrier to take me back around the world between my mom and dad.

I didn't find the C1 club particularly calm. It was the evening rush and the club was a zoo.The second floor aspect doesn't do much for me, it's a pain to wait for the elevator or to lug your baggage up. Also, not that unique among UA/CO (IAH, ORD, BOS (CO), LGA, SFO) have clubs on the 2nd floor.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    C3 has the best views. A1 is the largest relative to the number of departing passengers.

C3 and A2 have showers.

Otherwise they're all the same.

5. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    C1
    Pros: best bar, quiet
    Cons: can be warm, sometimes crowded, limited number of work carrels (not very private)

C3
    Pros: Biggest bar, lots of seating, nice TV lounge, best work carrels, showers, best views
    Cons: Can get very crowded, busy at the bar, loud

A1
    Pros: Quietest club at the airport,does not get very crowded, lots of space
    Cons: Smallish bar, dark, dated, need to backtrack to get to the club once through security

A2
    Pros: Good bar, decent amount of seating space, showers, quiet business carrels (not many)
    Cons: Can get crowded, your impending ERJ flight