Policy Alert

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Eloy Fonseca Neto, Jan 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    According to AA's website, the Flagship lounge at terminal 8 is now open to All business class flights. I knew they were for 1st class and EXP only, but reading the announcement it seems that business class passengers are allowed to get in the flagship lounge. My sister travelling in Business was denied entrance there last week. Does anybody knows if this is a change in the policy or a website mistake like the PJs on business?

LINK: http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/nyc.jsp - Last Paragraph - JFK Terminal 8

Gil Fonseca, travelmommy and geclub1 like this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Willing to bet it's a typo. Clicking through on the link within that same paragraph shows it's still restricted to F class. I'm sure eventually AA will come along to clear this up though.

rwoman, zpaul and sobore like this.
  3. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Could be a Typo, but it is written on their website, and they have to honor, otherwise it becomes false propaganda. It may be clear to you, to me, and other Frequent Flyers, but imagine those customer who does not know all of this flying stuff. Do you think it's fair those people be denied entrance of the Flagship lounge?

AA better repair this soon or they will have a bunch of angry customers in their hands!

*This is a wake-up call!!! I could be silent and take advantage of this, specially me, a civil rights lawyer ;)!!!

Gil Fonseca and travelmommy like this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    There are plenty of examples where an airline (or any company) makes an error when publishing something and consequently says "oops", and does not honor what was offered. The AA shopping portal error for 80K+ miles, or the BA mistake fares to India 2 years ago are two good examples.

If it is a typo, I'm sure AA will fix it soon, especially when they see this thread here.

zpaul likes this.
  5. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    But you have to agree with me that this one is a very small mistake, if indeed it is!

The other ones were an absurd! This is more like that from Fairmont, that in the end honored the lifetime platinum membership!!

6. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why dont you test it out and then sue them if you are not allowed in ..you did say you are a lawyer, right?.:D

JNB280 likes this.
  7. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I could do that, but that goes against my principles because I have the right information about it, but I would sue them if it occurs with another person who does not have our knowledge and it is denied entrance to the lounge! Of course that person has to be a Brazilian since I only have license to practice there!

8. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    Thank you for catching this Eloy - you have quite the eagle eye!

This is in fact a typo. The American Airlines Flagship Lounge in JFK Terminal 8 is reserved for our international and select transcontinental First Class passengers. We'll be working to update this on the website soon. We appreciate your understanding for any inconveniences caused by this error.

rwoman, Eloy Fonseca Neto and John777 like this.
  9. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Just giving my contribution as a Lawyer!!! ;)

10. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You could give me 1 Evip or a couple thousand miles for the contribution, it would make me extremely happy!! ;)

11. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    Print out the page and take it with you. LOL.