PointsHound - Earn 4x, 6x, or 9x United miles for hotel bookings.

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by Sky King, Oct 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if this has been posted yet but stumbled upon a new hotel booking engine today called PointsHound. Basically it lets you earn United, Delta, Hawaiian, or Aeromexico miles for every hotel reservation you make. Granted I wouldn't use this to book stays where you are wanting to earn SPG, Hyatt, or any other loyalty points but places like Las Vegas work great. A $500 stay at New York New York that you were going to make anyway will earn you 1200 United miles. The more hotels you book the more you earn. You start off at 4x miles, then 6x, and up to 9x.

2. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not a bad deal and this is only at the beginner 4x points level. At the 9x point level it would be around 24,000 United miles.

Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 9.44.12 PM.png

3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    So how do we know that you won't earn the loyalty points with this as well?I do through topcashback. Just wondering....

Oh and here's my sign up link for conga line
    Https://pointshound.com/vanlry

4. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    You might still earn loyalty points but typically if you book through an OTA (Online Travel Agency) such as Expedia or Travelocity you don't. It's different if you go through cash back sites first that lead to the individual hotel sites such as Hyatt.com or IHG.com.

daninstl likes this.
  5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    That does make sense. I assume you'll know if it links to the hotel site but you may not if it books outside that site or though a 3rd party App, etc. I just wish I could take advantage of this double dip on miles and the hotel points. :rolleyes: