PointsBreak Redemption For IC's

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by GoodBoy, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

?

Would You Prefer More IC Choices for More Points on the PointsBreak

Poll closed Feb 20, 2011.
  1. Yes

76.5%
  2. No Stay With Limited Choice of IC's @ 5k Redemption

23.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. There has been some discussion and debate about the quality and quantity of IC's made available on the Pointsbreak.

Would members prefer to remain at 5K redemption with very few if any IC choices or prefer to pay a higher redemption for more IC availability on the PB list?

2. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I choose both of the above [​IMG]

3. iceman77_7
    Original Member

iceman77_7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would depend on how much higher the redemption rate is. 10K, sure; 20K, not so much.

Tim O'Brien and daedalus like this.
  4. tahewett
    Original Member

tahewett Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd love to see a few more IC's made available. What good is it if one that you're not planning to visit is available for 5k points? Much more useful if the one in a place I'm actually headed is available for 10k or 15k....

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  5. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm kind of wary of this, as we'd probably get the worst of both worlds: the same limited selection, but for 10k or 15k points instead of 5... [​IMG]

TheBeerHunter, daedalus and Sam Axe like this.
  6. ag51
    Original Member

ag51 Silver Member

Status Points:
    PointsBreaks are a relatively recent thing from Priority Club, designed to help fill up hotels which have spare capacity - I'm not surprised that the quantity (and quality) of participating hotels has reduced over time, and wouldn't be surprised if they disappeared entirely as the economy picks up. While it would be great if there was an expanded selection of hotels at slightly higher rates, it doesn't really make sense for a hotel to participate if they could get a paying customer (or a redemption at the full rate).

7. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    As I stated before, raise the redemption to 7500 and dramatically broaden the choices.

WonderBret, CherylD and Tim O'Brien like this.

8. I was thinking 7.5 -10k depending on the property

9. agree

10. for it to work and retain/grow membership I am sure IHG would realise "the biggest loser" Hilton style devaluation would be devastating for the success of the PC/ambassador loyalty programs.

I think it's reasonably obvious a lot of members would like to see more IC choices, but i frankly don't expect IHG to do that on a 5k basis, maybe on a 7.5-10k redemption may be a win win.

if others have suggestions that wouldn't increase the redemption rate would be interesting to hear those.

11. Yes, even 10k for IC's that are more popular.

12. cheryld
    Original Member

cheryld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, I would be happy with that. As long as it wasn't mostly 10k choices and they increased the selection to what it was just a few months ago!

Tim O'Brien likes this.