Points use - How and whats best?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by hassproductions, Dec 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Good day everybody..... I just joined.....:) (super great forum idea).
    I am a newbie to this forum, however i am obsessed about Frequent Flier / Hotel / CC points, and always keep track of my points ...... but i never spend any .... just gets elite memberships so i can check in at first class etc......
    BUT i now want to take my wife to Maldives....... so...... How, When, How much etc.... as i want to maximize points use.....
    Any great ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
    thomas

rwoman likes this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You need to provide more information before anyone can give advice. For example, what points do you currently have? What research have you done on Maldives and the hotels that are available there?

Noticed that you joined on the 22nd and made 2 posts on the same subject but have not been back to see if there has been any response.

rwoman likes this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    hassproductions,

Welcome to MP. Per deant's post, we need more details in order to assist you.

Good luck in planning travels!

:)

cennas likes this.
  4. SEABrad

SEABrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

While people will always debate on the use of points/miles (domestic vs intl usage, gift cards/merchandise, etc.) I think a great deal of it comes down to personal opinion and experience - just like most things in life.

I'm fairly new to the game, about 2.5 yrs of serious travel. I used a great deal of my UA miles last X-mas for gifts for myself and others, which most generally believe is a bad use of miles. I figured, with no passport I wasn't going out of the US, and I hate the idea of flying somewhere without earning the miles. I got some things I would not have paid cash for.

My thoughts have thus changed, and I wish I had all of those miles back... but I think my point is, no use of points/miles is bad if it works for you! (as above posters said, if you want more concrete responses, reply with some context of travel patterns, who you fly/stay with, etc.)

5. Halothane
    Original Member

Halothane Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you want to go to the Maldives we need to know what class of service, how many miles you have, and where you have your miles held!

6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Suggest that we let this thread die unless the OP provides clarification. The OP has not been back to visit since his original posting.