Points/Stay credits for award stays?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Dovster, Aug 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had heard that Hilton was giving points for incidentals on award stays but was very surprised by what I actually received for a four night stay at the Embassy Suites Airport in Atlanta:

My bill was $61.40 and I received the following:

Base Points - Embassy Atlanta Airport 614
    AMEX CO BRAND ONLINE BOOKING BONUS - Embassy Atlanta Airport 500
    50% BONUS ON BASE POINTS - Embassy Atlanta Airport 307
    GOLD VIP BONUS - 25% 2011 - Embassy Atlanta Airport 153

In addition, I was credited for a stay and for four nights. In fact, the only thing that I did not receive was the double points for the current promo.

Does this sound right or is it a mistake?

2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Makes sense to me.

Hilton gives stay/night elite credit for award nights. While this sounds fine and dandy compared to SPG, Hilton also requires more stays/nights per year to get to the top tier.

Dovster likes this.
  3. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you happen to know if my Surpass Card gives me the 9 points per dollar when a Hilton stay overseas is charged in a foreign currency? (It only gives 3 points per dollar on food purchases and gasoline if the original charge is not in American currency.)

4. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    This happened to me in international Hiltons as they may not be coded in the AMEX system appropriately, as a result, AMEX are not aware that you should be getting addtitional points.

You should be getting 9 points per $1 regardless of where you are staying. I would call American Express and talk to their Customer Service Rep, they have authority to re-credit you additional points. Hopefully there is some sort of internal alert from CSR to IT to make a tweak to the system -- but that may be just wishful thinking.

Cheers,

PedroNY

Dovster likes this.