points posting to old CO account.

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Justin Johnson, Jul 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Justin Johnson
    Original Member

Justin Johnson Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just had some points finally post to my old CO account. Is there a way for me or UA to transfer them to my new UA account with out having to pay a fee?

I did link my accounts and did the free points transfer before, but the link(I book marked it) I had does not work anymore.

Thanks for the help.

2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is effectively no such thing as your CO account anymore. If you linked your CO OnePass and UA MileagePlus accounts prior to the merger, the CO OnePass account number you had is now your new UA MileagePlus account number. Your old UA MileagePlus account number will direct any points earned on it to your new UA MileagePlus account.

3. Justin Johnson
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Oh then it must have posted to my old UA account, I don't remember what number was for what account.
    I know I linked them as I was able to combine all my miles into one of the accounts.
    The formerly empty account now shows a balance of 2000 miles on AwardWallet.

4. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most CO OnePass accounts started with letters, so that may be an indication for you as to which is which. You can also log into to united.com and check it out. In any case, any miles posted to your legacy UA account should be moved to your current UA account automatically. I've had miles (for MileagePlus Dining for example) post to my post-merger UA account with no issues. AwardWallet may be reading something funky.

5. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    If there are still two accounts, you can call the Milage Plus center and have them merge the accounts.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Justin Johnson likes this.
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure how what you said happened is even possible. I still remember my old UA account number and password. Logging in using those just logs me into my current account, which has the CO number that was assigned during the transition....(this means that there is only one account now, with the old UA account info simply aliasing to the current account info)

The problem could be with AwardWallet. They had a problem for a while pulling UA flights when they were PMCO-operated, but fixed it; there may still be issues, however.

8. Justin Johnson
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Its true I still had two accounts open and could sign into them separately. Not sure if it was an error on my side or theirs. But I did as Aramean suggested and merged my two open account, so the problem is solved.

Thanks for all the help.

Wandering Aramean and NYCUA1K like this.
  9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aha, you never merged them, and they did not do it for you either. For those who merged them, they just became one at some point.