Points & Pixie Dust - Barclay Arrival keeps getting better – earn a few thousand miles for...

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I’ve written before about why the Barclay Arrival World Mastercard is a card that I’m really excited about. Basically the sign-up bonus is great (spend $1000 within the first three months...
    ©Points & Pixie Dust, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...

2. drennman

drennman Active Member

Status Points:
    Do you know what the schedule is for using points to get a credit on airline tickets purchased with the card. The web site doesn't seem to have that info anywhere I could see. You mention $400 credit for 40,000 points but I see other bloggers saying $440 for 40,000. Does anyone know how to find the points to dollars for flights chart? I imagine it may be non-linear, e.g. the more points the higher the dollar value per point. Thanks.

3. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both amounts are correct. You get 40k plus the pts for doing the Spend @ 2 pts per $1 Now when you cash out the 40k lets say you cash it all out as you had a $529 tkt so you will deduct $400 from that when you cash out those 40,000 pts ($400) they kick back an additional 4000 pts Cashed out only 30k of your 40k youd get 3000 pts back

Cashing out when your statement closes and you had what they consider to be Travel charges you log on and click for Redemption and it will list those charges you can use your pts to pay for it. eg the $529 tkt but you have only 40,000 pts ($400) it will allow you to deduct 400 and you pay only $129 of the $529. only those charges they list can you use your pts to offset the $$ owed. There is no chart like Flex since every charge no matter the amount can be offset and partially as well which isnt the case by Flex

4. drennman

drennman Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you! Makes sense now (to me).