Points on no show room charge?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by DJP_707, Oct 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone recently received points for a no show, or for canceling after the deadline.
    I recently had a change of plans for business and actually forgot to cancel my reservation. My CC was charged the full amount for the first night, which I agreed to. When no points posted I emailed IHG and the response was that no points will be issued, and I should read the terms and conditions #12. I know in the past you could book a room and prepay or no show and get the points. Done it during past promotions. Anybody know when this changed?

I read the terms and conditions in sec. 12 and there is one line that states the following. "You must have stayed in the room and paid for it in full to receive IHG® Rewards Club points."

I have no problem paying, but feel if I'm paying full price for a room I should at least get the points.

2. This is no different than the airlines who won't give you points if you are a no show for a non refundable ticket.

DJP_707 and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would contact the hotel manager directly. You may have a bit more luck. The programs will never give you the points.

DJP_707 likes this.
  4. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only chain that I am aware of that gives points on no-shows is Wyndham. Sometimes, you might have luck calling the front desk and asking them to check you in and out. At that point, it is sometimes not coded as a no-show and you get the points and stay credit.

DJP_707 likes this.
  5. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to try that.
    I understand that.
    But I have in the past received points for no shows via the old priority club.
    Back during the crack the case promotion a couple years back i needed one more stay so I booked cheap room and got credit for a no show.

Looks like IHG is enforcing the rules now. thanks for all the comments

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    marcwint55 likes this.