Points for Buying Furniture Online?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by jpruzins, Mar 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

Status Points:
    So my fiance and I are looking at apartments and it occurred to me that if I buy furniture online I could earn extra points/miles (for the points honeymoon!). Does anyone know of any places like Ikea or Ashley Furniture or Raymor & Flannigan appear in online shopping portals? Or if there is another store that's good to take a look at.

2. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    www.evreward.com is a great place to see what sites earn points/miles through different shipping portals. I didn't see a furniture section, but I didn't look very hard as I'm on browsing from my phone.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You would obviously get points if you pay with a credit card that gives point or miles.

4. jhflau11
    Original Member

jhflau11 Silver Member

Status Points:
    brockb likes this.
  5. brockb

brockb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been using evreward but didn't know about the handy bookmarklet! Thanks for the tip.

6. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    The one drawback of evreward is that it's not up to date. Some sites change often and evreward will incorrectly report the amount of cashback/points (mainly for Ultimate Rewards).

7. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would start by going to a site like the Delta Shopping Mall and then see what stores they have such as Bed Bath and Beyond and Sears --- and you may need more than furniture !

BTW, congratulations !

DTWBOB

8. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI, just because a store is accessible via an online points earning portal, that doesn't mean you can order furniture online.

Specifically, Macys.com. carries furniture but requires that orders be placed over the phone.

Also, don't forget to check out hotel shopping mall portals. I've often found stores giving points on Marriott.com that are not found on the more common portals such as Ebates, Fatwallet, etc.

9. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Furniture is one of the purchase categories where I tend to look for discounted gift cards opportunities first, then consider whether I could earn points/miles. In fact, I generally use discounted gift cards and then earn miles unless I desire purchase protection from the credit card itself (e.g. electronics).

iolaire likes this.
  10. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not miles/points, but...

Crate and Barrel will let you set up a gift registry and get 10% off everything that wasn't bought from the registry after the event. Anytime you want to buy something, just plan on getting married next weekend for the umpteenth time!

11. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes! Same goes for a few other places... Macys for sure.

12. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
  13. sheilaaellis44

sheilaaellis44 Member

Status Points:
    I think you should be practical when you buy a furniture in your house. They have a lot of store in online you can choose. You can try a different online store probably in furniture i suggest this one http://www.tendensshop.dk. There a lot of indoor and outdoor furniture that make you mind approve.